Notices

Old 03-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
Izzy
Lost in Kindleland
Izzy began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Hello from Chicago

Hi there,

I'm new from the suburbs of Chicago. I just got a new Amazon Kindle and love it to DEATH!

Looking forward to reading and posting here.

Izzy
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Hey neighbor!! I'm in a far western Chicago suburb too. Got my Kindle on Feb 1 and have been ignoring the rest of life since then (meals, bedtime, social life, etc...)

Enjoy!! There is a ton of good information here, and also another ton of books in the mobipocket format (which is what you need for your Kindle). Download them, stick them on an SD card, and enjoy! Oh -- folder should be named "documents" at the top level of the SD card.

Holler if you need any help. Lots of people here will oblige, including me if I know the answer.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
Izzy
Lost in Kindleland
Izzy began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Hi Deb,
Thank you for the warm welcome. I just discovered this site and from the looks of it I have alot of catching up to do.

I got my Kindle on Valentine's Day. Not for that, it's just that was the day it arrived after only waiting 2 weeks for it to come in.

I'm in Schaumburg. Up in the northwest suburbs. You mentioned that you have removed yourself from soiciety...I, too am looking like a hermit these days.

Thanks for the information on downloading books and the format I would need for the Kindle. That was going to be the next thing I did...search for what I needed to download.

See you around
Izzy
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Izzy and welcome to the Forum.

You think you guys are bad; read the thread I initiated in the Lounge about my "addiction"
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote