Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

View Poll Results: How is your iLiad flipbar configured?
Default - Clicking left means the paper to go left (forward) 41 71.93%
Reversed - Clicking left means "I" go left (backward) 14 24.56%
N/A (just want to see the results) 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2008, 02:17 AM   #1
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Flipbar Poll

I never understood what polls in forums are good for, so here a nice idea for a useless poll.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:23 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I like useless polls and i like the way the flipbar was designed. Its a really good idea, i think. I just wish, there were one on each side of the iLiad.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2008, 02:32 AM   #3
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
I like useless polls and i like the way the flipbar was designed. Its a really good idea, i think. I just wish, there were one on each side of the iLiad.
Indeed.

Or if the software would support it, and the design would be a bit more symetrical one could hold it upsite-down to use in the right hand.

Last edited by axel77; 04-17-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:45 AM   #4
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
And another flip bar on the top for reading in landscape mode. Maybe a moveable flipbar is needed?
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:13 AM   #5
axel77
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daudi View Post
And another flip bar on the top for reading in landscape mode.
Dunno, I don't find the top flipbar really distrubing while reading in landscape mode... But I never actually had a "real" landscape document...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daudi View Post
Maybe a moveable flipbar is needed?
This sounds like an interesting patent idea
Advert
Old 04-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #6
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
hm.. well, i for one like the flipbar on the left. (being that i'm representative of 90% of the world) :P
that said, if i had two flipbars i'd just configure the other one to do something else useful, like uncorrupting my fat32 format after i've connected my iliad to the autobackup software
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #7
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I don't use landscape too often, but it would be nice to be able to reverse the unit and operate the flipbar with the other hand. The eBookwise 1150 is designed to be operated with either hand.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #8
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
I voted for "reversed" mode. I was happy when a firmware update got this mode.
"Default" is unnatural for me.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
I voted for "reversed" mode. I was happy when a firmware update got this mode.
"Default" is unnatural for me.
+1

When I want to move forward in a book, I'm going to press forward... Makes sense to me.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #10
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
When you're reading a physical book though, page turns are to the left. That's how I usually think about it, so left clicks feel more natural to me.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #11
axel77
Fanatic

Especially in landscape mode, the default setting makes much sense to me, as I want *the paper* to go up or down... not "I" want to go down, I want the paper to move up.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #12
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
I actually prefer pushing the flipbar to the right to advance to the next page, but I find that I get a more consistent response when having it set the other way. (push to the left to advance the page)

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:20 AM   #13
Ojier
Forth lover
Ojier began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad / Jinke Hanlin v3
When I've just got my iLiad pushing left seemed a bit confusing, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
When you're reading a physical book though, page turns are to the left. That's how I usually think about it, so left clicks feel more natural to me.

+1

2nd reason: As my iLiad is always inside an M-Edge cover, left clicks are much more convinient.

Last edited by Ojier; 04-20-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Ojier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #14
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
hm.. well, i for one like the flipbar on the left. (being that i'm representative of 90% of the world) :P
that said, if i had two flipbars i'd just configure the other one to do something else useful, like uncorrupting my fat32 format after i've connected my iliad to the autobackup software
I belong to the other 10% of the world and as a consequence I don't a have problem with backup software corrupting my iLiad

I don't know, it must be a right-hander thing

Last edited by m-reader; 04-20-2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a digg at right-handers :)
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #15
ePossum
Enthusiast
ePossum began at the beginning.

Device: iliad v.2, Dana Alphasmart
When I first got my iLiad, the NOISE that the flip bar made irritated me. Book reading is meant to be silent!!!!

But yanno, after a few hundred pages, I got over it.
ePossum is offline   Reply With Quote