Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Kindle touch quality control...

Ok so here's my story. It's a bit long-winded, so bear with me.

I bought two Kindle touch 3G/wifi models, - one for me and one for the wife. They arrived last week. One was fine (Kindle A) and the other was scratched on the frame out of the box (Kindle B). I got Amazon to send me a new one which arrived on Monday (Kindle C). I still have yet to send back Kindle B...

My two Kindle touch lighted covers arrived today. But I'm having issues getting the light to come on when reading.

Kindle A works with both cover 1 and cover 2.
Kindle B does not work with cover 1 or 2. (light doesn't come on)
Kindle C does not work with cover 1 or 2. (light doesn't come on)

To add some amusement, I have the new Kindle with special offers, too. It's the new non-touch $79 Kindle. It does work in the touch lighted cover, though obviously it flops around if you don't hold it in place. Anyway, it worked in cover 1 and 2.

So it looks like two out of three of my Kindles are defective. I made sure the contacts on the back were clean, but still..... they didn't work.

Not very impressed, I have to tell you...
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Which may very well be why these lighted covers were delayed. They don't work.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 01:08 AM   #3
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

I think the Kindles are the issue, actually...
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote