Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 08-19-2014, 07:46 AM   #1
titani
titani doesn't littertitani doesn't litter

Device: epub
Question what image size for Kindle Book?

I am publishing a Kindle book that is mostly images. One image would fill the whole screen. What image size should I use to enable best view on Kindle device and smartphones and iPad tablets?
titani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
rebl
r.eads e.njoys b.ooks lol
rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Different kindle devices (Fire, eInk?) / smarphones / tablets have different screen sizes and might support natively different formats. I don't think an absolute image size would fit them all. Maybe use a format that would be able to resample/zoom the image to whole screen but I'm not sure which one would work.
From my experience, Kindle 6" non-touch automatically "zooms" pdf's even if I create a certain page size (such as 8.5 x 11.4 cm or even 8 x 11 cm) but this happens to text. If I have a page of that size and have some text in a corner, Kindle seems to like (and I hate this) to zoom the text to fill the whole screen. That could work for you if it does it with pictures too - you wound't need to care about the target device screen size (only ratio W/H).
rebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2014, 03:44 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the "Kindle Formats" forum, which is the correct place for such questions.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote