Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Strange things happening at Fictionwise...

I bought quite a few books at Fictionwise.

Strange things are happening to my bookshelf. Books that I have bought in Secure Mobipocket are now also showing as Secure eReader a format that I cannot read on my Cybook...

Example: The Host by Stephanie Meyer.

I bought it in Mobipocket and it is no longer offered as Mobipocket ??? It does not show as one of the "Overdrive" books. Same thing with books by Nelson DeMille, I bought his last one when it came out in November, Now none of his 15 books are offered in Mobipocket ???? Same thing with books from James Patterson ???

What is happening ????

Does it mean that Mobipocket is no longer supported ????

I do not want to get rid of my Cybook... and I am to old to play with conversion tools...

Regards,

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem is that Overdrive has stopped supplying eBooks to Fictionwise. So any eBooks that you have purchased in the past that were supplied by Overdrive are no longer available from Fictionwise in Mobipocket. What Fictionwise is doing is trying to replace any eBooks you've purchased from Overdrive that are no longer available in the format you've purchased with eReader format editions.

I know there are no eink devices that can handle eReader. But it's the best Fictionwise can do other then remove these eBook from your Bookshelf completely. So any that they can get an eReader copy for will be replaced. Not all eBooks are affected.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Hello Jon!

I do not think these books are in the overdrive series. They do not show up when I use the Display: "Download expiring" for my bookshelf.

Out of 85 books, only 2 show up in that category, but I have 14 that are in my bookshelf as both Secure ereader and mobipocket.

Strange...

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
I think the "Download Expiring" selection isn't working properly. Mine shows only one book expiring (and being replaced with the useless fbreader format) in that section, but if I look at my entire bookshelf there are two that are being replaced.

I've got all my ebooks DRM-stripped and backed up -- I've no intention of paying more than once for books I've bought.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:35 AM   #5
lullah
Enthusiast
lullah began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen gen3
how did you do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
I think the "Download Expiring" selection isn't working properly. Mine shows only one book expiring (and being replaced with the useless fbreader format) in that section, but if I look at my entire bookshelf there are two that are being replaced.

I've got all my ebooks DRM-stripped and backed up -- I've no intention of paying more than once for books I've bought.
How did you do that? I have more than 400 books from Fictionwise...I know, I don't watch TV and I have no life...
lullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 05:20 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Go to "My Bookshelf". On the "Bookshelf Setup" panel on the left, set the "Display" drop-down to "DOWNLOAD EXPIRING REPLACEMENTS".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote