Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #76
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
The upside is that I spent some of it on pre orders, so I will get some of my titles over the next few weeks. I also bought enough to get 2 free book codes from ARe. So here's to "Book Buyers Anonyomous!" See most of you at the next meeting...
Never on BBA! See I gave up alot. I can't eat chocolate, pizza, Italian or Mexican (Anything spicy) food. I haven't had a hamburger in years. I drink nothing but water so basically I can't have anything really good. No salads or hardly any fruit or veggies. My books are my replacement to all that. It keeps me from being depressed when I see people eat all this good food and here I am eating grill chicken and fries. I can't have a bake potato or mash potatoes. It gets old quick. I get cranky. My books keep me happy.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #77
Christyv
Enthusiast
Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: IPad 2, kindle keyboard
I love reading about samantha moon and noticed these are free in the series.

Free Vampire for hire series:
Rainy nights (has 3 stories including moon dance bk 1, dark horse, the vampire with dragon tattoo)
http://www.amazon.com/Rainy-Nights-T...dp/B0043VDX1A/

Vampire moon (bk 2) also get companion audiobk for 1.99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0046A9PC4/

American vampire (bk 3) also get companion audiobk for 1.99
http://www.amazon.com/American-Vampi...dp/B004UHLW1K/

Moon child (bk 4) also get companion audiobk for 1.99
http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Child-Vam...dp/B005CQ80R2/

Last edited by dreams; 05-04-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: fix links - moderator
Advert
Old 05-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #78
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I love the Samantha Moon series, especially how the author mixes the mundane with the supernatural. I don't even like detective novels but this series is an auto-buy for me.

I just spent my book budget on reduced Star Wars novels! May the Fourth by with you.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #79
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Me too. I can get the novels from my library, but the cost on the graphic novels was too good to pass up.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #80
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free @ Amazon

The Warrior's Maiden by Denise Domning

To Kill A Warlock by H.P. Mallory
The Dulcie O'Neil Series, Book 1
(Paranormal Romance)

Fire Burn And Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory
The Jolie Wilkins Series, Book 1
(Paranormal Romance)
Advert
Old 05-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #81
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Freebies from my facebook:

When Angels Fall by Jo Cattell

Redeemed (Heroes of the Highlands) by Kerrigan Byrne

Lucien's Hell Bound Angel by Cyndi Harris

Last edited by auntykatkat; 05-04-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #82
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I was really good this week [makes up for past few weeks! ] I've only bought 3 in the past few days, 2 are on sale at Amazon [see below] and 1 that continues to get recommended to me, A Different Blue by Amy Harmon which I bought at Kobo [with 40% off coupon].
IIRC both these below are first attempts at NA by authors who've done mainly YA in the past, both $.99 at posting.

No Attachments by Tiffany King
Ashton Garrison walked away from a privileged life in order to hide from the one thing she's not willing to face. She knows she left behind a trail of pain, but in the long run, her betrayal will hurt less than the truth. She now has one goal: Live life to the fullest with no regrets and no attachments. She has high hopes that a move to new surroundings will provide the escape she desires, but what Ashton doesn't count on is how fate always seems to find a way to screw up any good plan. Sometimes, when love comes knocking, the pull is too strong not to answer. Suddenly, what she thought she wanted to escape from is what Ashton now wants more than anything.

Nathan Lockton has one mission: find his target and complete the task he was hired to do—no attachments and no emotion necessary. He's done it over and over again. What he thought was a typical lost-and-found job has turned into a life examining moment as Nathan is forced to deal with something he has always ignored--his feelings. Now faced with a decision, Nathan must choose to either follow his heart or complete the job.

Love can come when you least expect it. The question is: If the odds are stacked against you, how far are you willing to go for the one you love?

After Math by Denise Grover Swank

USA TODAY Bestseller

***new adult romance***

Scarlett Goodwin’s world is divided into Before and After.

Before she agreed to tutor Tucker Price, college junior Scarlett was introvert, struggling with her social anxiety disorder and determined to not end up living in a trailer park like her mother and her younger sister. A mathematics major, she goes to her classes, to her job in the tutoring lab, and then hides in the apartment she shares with her friend, Caroline.

After junior Tucker Price, Southern University’s star soccer player enters the equation, her carefully plotted life is thrown off its axis. Tucker’s failing his required College Algebra class. With his eligibility is at risk, the university chancellor dangles an expensive piece of computer software for the math department if Scarlett agrees to privately tutor him. Tucker’s bad boy, womanizer reputation makes Scarlett wary of any contact, let alone spending several hours a week in close proximity.

But from her first encounter, she realizes Tucker isn’t the person everyone else sees. He carries a mountain of secrets which she suspects hold the reason to his self-destructive behavior. But the deeper she delves into the cause of his pain, the deeper she gets sucked into his chaos. Will Scarlett find the happiness she’s looking for, or will she be caught in Tucker’s aftermath?
Old 05-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #83
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Branded For You (Riding Tall) by Cheyenne McCray (great cover)

Quote:
Megan Wilder doesn’t think there’s a man in this world who could love her just the way she is. After meeting sexy Ryan McBride, she suspects he might just be the one to change her mind.

With her family in danger of losing their restaurant and their home, a sudden illness has everything Megan thought was sure in her life crashing down around her. Finding out Ryan is the one responsible for threatening foreclosure shakes her very foundation.

Can Ryan and Megan succeed in overcoming their obstacles and fight for a love that was meant to be?

About Cheyenne
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cheyenne McCray’s books have received multiple awards and nominations, including
*RT Book Reviews magazine’s Reviewer’s Choice awards for Best Erotic Romance of the year and Best Paranormal Action Adventure of the year
*Three “RT Book Reviews” nominations, including Best Erotic Romance, Best Romantic Suspense, and Best Paranormal Action Adventure.
http://www.amazon.com/Branded-For-Ri...dp/B009HHW98I/
Old 05-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #84
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I was really good this week [makes up for past few weeks! ] I've only bought 3 in the past few days, 2 are on sale at Amazon [see below] and 1 that continues to get recommended to me, A Different Blue by Amy Harmon which I bought at Kobo [with 40% off coupon].
IIRC both these below are first attempts at NA by authors who've done mainly YA in the past, both $.99 at posting.
Thanks; I bought the two you linked to (I hope you're happy with yourself )

From the last time I posted my purchases, I've bought:

Deeper We Fall by Chelsea M Cameron ($0.64)
Luke: Complete Series by Cassia Leo ($0.99)
Afghanistan Revealed by Ahmed Rashid et al ($2.99) (Non-Fiction)
Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley ($0.99)
Rebellious Desire by Julie Garwood ($0.99)
True Love Story by Willow Aster ($0.99)
Does God Believe in Atheists? by John Blanchard ($3.95) (Non-Fiction)
Against the Wall by Rebecca Zanetti ($2.09)
After Math by Denise Grover Swank ($0.59)
No Attachments by Tiffany King ($0.99)
Old 05-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #85
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

Wild is the Night by Colleen Quinn
(Historical Western)
Previously published by Diamond 1991

The Ruby Pendant by Mary Nichols
(Regency Romance)
Previously published by Mills & Boons in 1997

Two good ones today!
Old 05-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #86
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Free @ Amazon

Wild is the Night by Colleen Quinn
(Historical Western)
Previously published by Diamond 1991

The Ruby Pendant by Mary Nichols
(Regency Romance)
Previously published by Mills & Boons in 1997

Two good ones today!
One of these days my Kindle is going explode from all these good freebies!
Old 05-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #87
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
This week I bought:
  • Nicole Jordan's: Desire And Deception, Lord Of Desire, Tender Feud, The Outlaw, The Savage, Velvet Embrace & Wildstar
  • Lindsay McKenna's Commando & The Rogue from (Morgan Mercenaries)
  • Rebellious Desire by Julie Garwood
  • Rainbow by Patricia Potter
  • Send Me No Flowers by Trish Jensen

Now I have a 40% off coupon burning in my pocket for Kobo and nothing is leaping out at me. Don't you hate that?

I just finished Weddings are Murder by Christie Craig. (4 Stars!) It kept me laughing and shaking my head till the end.

I finally finished Rock Chick Reckoning!! (4 Stars)
Warning: on Rock Chick Reckoning there is a 5 years later epilogue. DO NOT READ IT!! till you read the complete series. It will gives way too much away. KA needs to remove it and add it to book 8. It doesn't need to be there. The Epilogue is told by Ava so when you see that close the book and go on to read Sadie's story. My guess is she intended Book 6 to be the last but the fans screamed for Hector's and Ally's stories too. The good news is she just yesterday posted she has started writing book 8 finally!!!
I also just started reading REAL and loving it so far!

Last edited by Blossom; 05-05-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #88
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
This week I bought:
In addition to some of the freebies, I bought:
  • Gift of Fire by Jayne Ann Krentz
  • Goft of Gold by Jayne Ann Krentz
  • When the Smoke Clears by Lynette Eason
  • When a Heart Stops by Lynette Eason
  • A Question of Honor by Lindsay McKenna have in print, too
  • No Surrender by Lindsay McKenna have in print, too
  • Return of a Hero by Lindsay McKenna have in print, too
  • Dawn of Valor by Lindsay McKenna have in print, too
  • Siren's Call by Merline Lovelace have in print, too
  • The Engagement Party by Barbara Boswell have in print, too
  • Cutest Couple by Kate Davies
  • Fugitive Heart by Bonnie Dee & Summer Devon (was pre-order)
  • Wish Upon a Matchmaker by Marie Ferrarella (was pre-order)
  • Assumed Identity by Julie Miller (was pre-order)
  • Hitched by Erin Nicholas (was pre-order)
  • Complete My Bridgertons by Julia Quinn
  • Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn have in print, too was meh on book but want so I have the entire series in digital
  • The Christmas Catch by Ginny Baird
  • A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare
  • Once Upon a Winter's Eve by Tessa Dare
  • A Week to Be Wicked by Tessa Dare
  • A Lady by Midnight by Tessa Dare
  • The Scandolous, Dissolute, No-Good Mr. Wright by Tessa Dare
  • The Lady Always Wins by Courtney Milan
  • A Lot Like Love by Julie James
  • Her Cinderella Complex by Jenna Bayley-Burke
Seems like a lot, but many were during the All Romance eBooks 30% back sale. Plus I had Kobo coupons.

Quote:
Now I have a 40% off coupon burning in my pocket for Kobo and nothing is leaping out at me. Don't you hate that?
Yes. But then I always find something...
Old 05-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #89
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
In addition to some of the freebies, I bought: Seems like a lot, but many were during the All Romance eBooks 30% back sale. Plus I had Kobo coupons.

Yes. But then I always find something...
You win! Unless someone here can beat that many in a week. I miss FW where I would buy a ton of books in one week. Last time I bought a bunch it was when B&N has their 50% off Stephanie Plum books.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #90
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christyv View Post

Hunted by Rebecca Zanetti $2.40
Diesel deal of the day
http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/item/97...-Hunted/1.html

Ready Or Not
Moira Dunne is a witch--the quantum physics kind. Time and space are her playthings. Which might explain why her one-night stand from a hundred years ago has turned up to "claim" her--and request her family's assistance with the war he's brewing. But the more she learns about Connlan Kayrs, the more she comes to think this is normal behavior for him. . .
There's Nowhere To Hide
When Conn and Moira tumbled on the moonlit grass, Conn hadn't meant to mark her as his mate for all time. She was only twenty! But it wasn't easy to wait for her. It was even harder to forget her. So when he finally returns for his wicked-hot witch, he's ready to let the sparks flying. Even if he burns up in flames. . .
This is book 3 of 7 in the Dark Protectors series.
I haven't read anything by Zanetti, so I can't comment on how well (or potentially badly) she writes.

But I have to admit, when I read this, all I could think was: "If they have the ability to travel through time, why would he have to "wait for her"? Why couldn't he have just immediately jumped to her future when she's older?" Maybe it's explained in the book, but it seems...illogical...if you can say that about a "magical" book.
Closed Thread