Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which category shall we use for February in 2013?
ModernLit 8 21.05%
Romance 16 42.11%
Classics 15 39.47%
YoungAdult 11 28.95%
Adventure/Travel 11 28.95%
Free-for-all 13 34.21%
MajorAwardWinners 9 23.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
February 2013 *Category* Poll

Here are your category nominations for February 2013. This visible poll is multiple choice and will be open for 4 days.
  • ModernLit
  • Romance
  • Classics
  • YoungAdult
  • Adventure/Travel
  • Free-for-all
  • MajorAwardWinners

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 11-27-2012 at 01:14 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'm pulling for Romance to win.

I actually like every category option this month and think it'd be great if they all ended up somewhere during the year, but Romance can only really work in February. All the other category nominations can be selected as the category for other months. There's no hurry to rush them in now just because February just happens to be the second month we're doing.

The past years have shown that there's a wide variety of interesting nominations in the Romance category, and it's an interesting month that gets us to think outside the box for nominations.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I love the "Multiple Choice" option!!! So much so, in fact, that I don't even mind the poll being visible.

I am hoping that "Multiple Choice" wins its poll.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I voted for Romance Classic, or Classic Romance, or something.

There is a Literary bookclub, so I'm against ModernLit and MajorAwardWinners in this bookclub since that duplicates the sort of books read in the other bookclub.

Last edited by Synamon; 11-27-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I voted for Romance Classic, or Classic Romance, or something.

There is a Literary bookclub, so I'm against ModernLit and MajorAwardWinners in this bookclub since that duplicates the sort of books read in the other bookclub.
It duplicates "Classics" as well.
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
How many votes is "multiple"? Can I take all?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I voted for Major Award Winners to line up with the Grammys and the Oscars which are both in February. I would have voted to line it up with the three literature awards that were mentioned (Pulitzer, Nobel, Man Booker), but they don't have a posted schedule for awards that I saw and they are unlikely to coincide with each other anyway.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
How many votes is "multiple"? Can I take all?
Yes....
Old 11-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #9
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fine! But we have only one chance? I can't vote today and come back tomorrow and spread my other votes?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #10
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Fine! But we have only one chance? I can't vote today and come back tomorrow and spread my other votes?
Nope. You vote for all the ones you want at the same time. No coming back.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I voted for everything but Romance and Adventure/Travel.
Loving the multiple choice vote.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #12
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
It duplicates "Classics" as well.
Classics are perfect for all occasions! More seriously, not all classics are literary fiction. I, Robot, for example.

Shockingly, Classics is leading the poll.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #13
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Classics are perfect for all occasions! More seriously, not all classics are literary fiction. I, Robot, for example.

Shockingly, Classics is leading the poll.
Yeah - that shocked me as well. I like classics as a category because I've been actively getting more exposure to them over the last couple of years. It doesn't hurt that a significant number of classics are in the public domain.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #14
Turnstone
Zealot
Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I voted for Adventure/Travel.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:06 AM   #15
Billi
Wizard

Damn! I would never have voted for "Classics" here had it not been for trying out multiple choice! And now I see my second choice beating my first and real one, "Romance".