Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-27-2015, 12:35 PM   #1
mailings
mailings began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle / TabS / Surface3
Double Click/Tap to exit full screen mode in viewer

Using Calibre viewer in Windows 10 tablet to read books, it's hard to exit full screen mode when you don't have a keyboard. I have to tap and hold, wait for the popup menu (not always happens) and then tap toggle full screen

It' would be nice to have some easier way to toggle full screen mode, as for exaple, double-click

If you consider to implement this function and need some help debugging it, let me know.

Thanks.
mailings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont think I want to consume a simple gesture like double tap for an operation that is relatively less frequent. It would be better used for something more commonly used like say creating an annotation (after the viewer gets support for annotations).
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2015, 10:43 PM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailings View Post
Using Calibre viewer in Windows 10 tablet to read books, it's hard to exit full screen mode when you don't have a keyboard. I have to tap and hold, wait for the popup menu (not always happens) and then tap toggle full screen

It' would be nice to have some easier way to toggle full screen mode, as for exaple, double-click

If you consider to implement this function and need some help debugging it, let me know.

Thanks.
Have you tried this:
Quote:
Using tablet buttons

You can use the buttons on your Tablet PC (called tablet buttons) to perform common tasks quickly. For example, if you frequently open Windows Journal, you can set a tablet button to do this for you.
To change what tablet buttons do

Assign toggle full screen mode to one of the buttons.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote