Notices

Old 03-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
Student1
Groupie
Student1 doesn't litterStudent1 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Managing the calibre database

Hi,

i'm trying to get some ideas on how to best do a full cleanup of my pdfs files.

Here is the problem :

I have many pdf's i want to replace with lrf files of the same title. Now not all pdf's will be replaced so i can't just do a search for all pdf and delete them.

What i need to do is find an easy way to search for all the lrf's i have in pdf format and delete them from the caliber db.

I thought creating a list of the titles by outputing the list of the directory to a .txt Then all i have to do is remove the .rlf portion of it and i have a full listing of all the titles in txt format.

Now is there a way to ask caliber to search for all those files now that i have a txt list of it. Or is there a way to import and remove the same title files from the db.

Any tips would be helpfull as it seems really too long to do by hand.

thanks!

Last edited by Student1; 03-25-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Student1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Code:
format:pdf and format:lrf
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
Student1
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Code:
Thanks but that would be perfect if both of these were already in the data base, the lrf have not yet been ported. So i have lets say 500 books in pdf inside the database and 1000 lrf i want to port in the db. Now a lot of the lrf have pdf equivalents in the db and i want to remove those pdfs... thats my main problem.

If i do import them will the lrf be included in the same dir as the pdf? And will then format:lrf format pdf be able to see both of them... hmm makes me think i could import and then sort it all out. What do you think?

Edit: or if not is the search for all books having 2 entries under the same title?

Last edited by Student1; 03-25-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

calibre will create duplicate entries, so your best bet is to write a simple shell script to add the LRF files to the database using calibredb
Old 03-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #5
Student1
Groupie

Quote:
calibre will create duplicate entries, so your best bet is to write a simple shell script to add the LRF files to the database using calibredb
Yes now this seems like the way to go thanks!!
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Code:
Way back in this thread, you posted this clue for finding books by format. How do I find all the books that do not have an lrf format available? Even more specifically, how do I find books with no formats available at all?

I tried putting
Code:
format:lrf
in the "but don't show entries that have any of these unwanted words" box in the advanced search dialogue, but to no avail. The result was all the files that DO have lrf format available.

This is an issue because 29 of the 900 books in my wife's library don't have LRF format available... and her reader is a prs500, which really prefers LRF.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

not format:lrf

no format

not format:lrf and not format:epub and so on
Old 03-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Thanks!

I figured out the "not format:lrf" part shortly after posting, but was stumped by how to do "no format". Although it makes perfect sense when you point it out.

I believe, however, that the advanced search window has a small bug -- typing "format:lrf" in the exclude box and making no other entries should give the same result as searching for "not format:lrf" in the main search box. Instead, it gives the same result as searching for "format:lrf" <<<<note missing "not"!!!

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

fixed.