Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
That's a good idea, Blossom. In my case, the majority of my library is EPUBs to use with my Sony eink readers. I like to use the Fire for night-time reading. A sideloaded app like Aldiko or Mantano gives me the flexibility to quickly read those EPUBs on my Fire without needing to deal with conversions to Mobi. Also I like some of the extra features of these alternative apps compared to the standard Kindle reading app. It's great to have so many options!
I see you have a T1 I love the idea you can download directly from it. I would use it too if I had one. The majority books I read aren't library books but I do get my agency books from there unless they are on sale. I've just started checking out Audiobooks listen to the first Stephanie plum book yesterday. I love it! so instead of waiting in line for the next one. I went and got me an audible trial sub for 30 days which gave me 2 credits and got me two more of the series.

There's so much you can do on the Fire! It's great!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #17
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Don't forget project gutenberg for free classic books
http://www.gutenberg.org/
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #18
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Blossom can you show a link to a library site with a book that is an ADE files as i never have seen such an animal
Old 01-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Blossom can you show a link to a library site with a book that is an ADE files as i never have seen such an animal
ADE = Adobe Digital Editions. It's just a DRM epub that you get from the library. Unlike store brought epubs it has a time limit on it to expire. It does depend on the device. On my old reader they never expired. In ADE you will find the epub books under the Borrowed shelf.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Don't forget project gutenberg for free classic books
http://www.gutenberg.org/
Or the better formatted ones here on MobileRead
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #21
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I see you have a T1 I love the idea you can download directly from it. I would use it too if I had one. The majority books I read aren't library books but I do get my agency books from there unless they are on sale. I've just started checking out Audiobooks listen to the first Stephanie plum book yesterday. I love it! so instead of waiting in line for the next one. I went and got me an audible trial sub for 30 days which gave me 2 credits and got me two more of the series.
I love my T1! The on-device library access is awesome. I get all my audiobooks from the library too.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #22
salsaguy
Addict

Quote:
ADE = Adobe Digital Editions. It's just a DRM epub that you get from the library. Unlike store brought epubs it has a time limit on it to expire. It does depend on the device. On my old reader they never expired. In ADE you will find the epub books under the Borrowed shelf.
The borrowed shelf of what??? Are you referring to Mantano?
I think my library had ADE books. Will have to check (when my Fire comes back to life )
(Now I know what you are talking about. I heard of Adobe Editions before but didnt associate ADE with Adobe)
Old 01-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #23
salsaguy
Addict

What do you mean?
Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Or the better formatted ones here on MobileRead
Old 01-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #24
salsaguy
Addict

I love audio books. Since getting my Fire Ive listened to 3 audio books loaned from my library. Never used to do that before the Fire.
If the reader is good, it makes it so much more enjoyable.

Quote:

Old 01-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
The borrowed shelf of what??? Are you referring to Mantano?
I think my library had ADE books. Will have to check (when my Fire comes back to life )
(Now I know what you are talking about. I heard of Adobe Editions before but didnt associate ADE with Adobe)
ADE the desktop program has a borrowed shelf that shows all library DRM epubs and pdfs you checked out.

Okay what happened to your Fire?
Old 01-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #26
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
What do you mean?
Where?
Some of our members are kind enough to take their time to hand format public domain books...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebo...&sort=dateline
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #27
salsaguy
Addict

Ok got it and checked out an Adobe book tonight to try it out.
Works. Now i have another option to find more books
thanks
Old 01-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #28
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
A couple more apps for reading epubs on the KF are FBReader and Cool Reader.
I use FBReader because I am used to using it on my old Sharp Zauruses; have not tried Cool Reader.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #29
salsaguy
Addict

I tried downloading one of the ebooks from here on MR... i got a kindle version and it was a Prc file. I tried putting it in the books folder and others but it never showed up.
How do i get it to work on the fire? Or do i need a different file type?
Old 01-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #30
travelingsandy
Connoisseur
travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7", Kobo Aura
Which Sony e-reader app do you download to the Fire? I cannot seem to find one.
travelingsandy is offline   Reply With Quote