Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #181
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
Ok, I think I've got it, I was using pipes | to separate aliases, not commas. Working now.

What would happen if I had 2 characters with the same alias? For example, the book I'm reading has an Amanda Rutledge and a Jack Rutledge. What if I used "Rutledge" as an alias for both? What if I used it for only 1 character but not the other?

Also, I seem to get a rawml file whether I include the -r switch or not.
You shouldn't use last names as aliases in general, unless they are the only person with that last name or if there's normally a title in front within the book that you can include ("Mr. Rutledge"). The aliases are just another string to search for, so if you use just the name "Rutledge", it will match any occurrence of that string. You would end up having your Amanda Rutledge entry showing all excerpts that contain "Rutledge" whether they were her or Jack. It's not a perfect system by any means.

Looks like i set it to save the rawml by default, was supposed to be changed before I upload the new version. Thanks

Last edited by Ephemerality; 03-06-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #182
rikkia
rikkia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
gers1978, your questions answer themselves.

If you have 2 characters with the same surname and set an alias for that surname then it will pick them both up, without a quantifier for the first name or a marker such as Mr Rutledge you will get both names drawn into one alias.

If you use the alias Rutledge only on say Amanda's alias and not Jack's any reference to Rutledge in the book that refers to Jack will come up on Amanda's alias. It may also pick up things like "the Rutledge household" but that's not a fault with the builder so much as an inherent flaw in the means available to build an x-ray file.
rikkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #183
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
I would greatly appreciate if you can make a Calibre plugin ..... PLEASE
I'm still planning on looking at the code to see if it can be included into the Calibre plpugin, just not sure when I'll get the time.
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #184
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
I'm still planning on looking at the code to see if it can be included into the Calibre plpugin, just not sure when I'll get the time.
Thank you very much for the time and work you put into this.
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #185
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
Great news Thanks.
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #186
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
me@dev ~/.wine/drive_c/Program_Files/xray $ ./XRayBuilder.exe -s http://www.shelfari.com/books/359235...-Firefly-Novel -o /home/me/books ./tmp/955l9swf.vwh/mobi7/My_Own_Kind_of_Freedom.rawml Using /home/me/books as an output directory.
Quote:
Using saved mobi_unpack path (/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/xray/dist/mobi_unpack.exe).
Processing My_Own_Kind_of_Freedom.rawml...
Running mobi_unpack to get book data...
Error unpacking mobi file: MobiUnpack 0.45
Copyright (c) 2009 Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
With Additions by P. Durrant, K. Hendricks, S. Siebert, fandrieu, DiapDealer, nickredding.
Error: first parameter must be a Kindle/Mobipocket ebook or a Kindle/Print Replica ebook.
In my use case...

I just point the rawml at the exe right?

did I goof again?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #187
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tested as working great on windows btw.

obviously aliases are needed for this to be more helpful and more actual Xray content. but hey... It's a one man effort for the content so far...

With some love it could be awesome.

I love this mod. and the modders who made it.

And the book : D
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_112.png
Views:	320
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	102650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_113.png
Views:	313
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	102651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_114.png
Views:	347
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	102652   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_115.png
Views:	367
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	102653  

Last edited by twobob; 03-08-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #188
twobob

AND NOW WORKING OOTB ON LINUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOT! ETC!!!!!!!

erm... scratch that... in progress...

Last edited by twobob; 03-08-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #189
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
@thomass maybe i am being ignorant but how did you get xray with locations. It was generated by the xray file gen right?
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #190
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
@thomass maybe i am being ignorant but how did you get xray with locations. It was generated by the xray file gen right?
You can use my X-Ray Builder from post #145 to build x-rays with locations, the original x-ray generator does not include them.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #191
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool

@ephemerality Hey! Nice work on that xray gen. You must start a new thread for it cause it is difficult to find individual posts. Better yet, you can also make this eternal by posting in the wiki!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #192
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

I reckon xray builder works on wine?
Old 03-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #193
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
@ephemerality Hey! Nice work on that xray gen. You must start a new thread for it cause it is difficult to find individual posts. Better yet, you can also make this eternal by posting in the wiki!

I reckon xray builder works on wine?
I probably should make a new thread, as it is kind of getting buried in this one.

Twobob was looking into whether or not it works in WINE, I think it was working the last I talked to him? Not 100% sure on that.
In theory it should work through Mono on a Mac as well, but I haven't had a chance to test that yet.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #194
Ephemerality
Addict

Exclamation X-Ray Builder with Locations

It is different from the current x-ray generator that is available in that it also includes the location and chapter information needed to m[ake a complete X-Ray file for the Kindles that support them. This lets you view the characters and terms broken down by chapter or on the current page as well as shows excerpts from the book for each character.

It is a console application, done in C# (Visual Studio 2010). I had intended it to be used for personal-use only so I have not bothered adding a GUI for it at this point.
As you'll see, the actual concept is fairly basic.
Source is available here: https://code.google.com/p/xray-builder/
Check-out with Mercurial or download binary from the Downloads section.
I'll attach the binary to this post as well.

It requires:
  • HtmlAgilityPack (included in the .rar -- as far as I know it can be distributed freely?)
  • .Net Framework 4.0 (probably?)

A py2exe-packed version of mobi_unpack has been included as well. If you wish, the original mobi_unpack.py can be used, but Python 2.7 must be installed.

Hopefully I haven't overlooked anything major. Please feel free to let me know if there are any issues with anything I have done with all this at all, or any suggestions/changes to improve.

In theory, you should be able to download the binary and start drag-dropping mobi/azw files onto it without worrying about the pre-requisites... aside from the .Net Framework of course!

It does rely on Shelfari content, so you may have to edit the entry for a book if it does not exist or has improper/incomplete entries. In many cases, in this implementation at least, you will have to add aliases for the various terms and characters (info on that in the readme) in order for excerpts to be found.

Download here.

Last edited by Ephemerality; 09-07-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:00 AM   #195
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
@thomass maybe i ...
@twobob right ?

Quote:
added to the index
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray