Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
sinusLog
sinusLog began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
Get list on device takes a long time

I've read a few threads on the same subject, and then I went to:
Prefs > Plugins > Device interface plugins
I customized both Nook Device Interface entries, unchecking Read metadata...

But calibre still takes a long time reading my Nook Touch. So I went again to the same plugins and I unchecked the 3 formats epub, pdb, pdf too. No change.

Am I doing something wrong ? I don't need to have calibre connect to the Nook anyway (for now). I prefer to do the transfers by other means.

PS: There's a micro SD card in the Nook. Could that be the problem ?

Last edited by sinusLog; 10-16-2011 at 10:27 PM.
sinusLog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinusLog View Post
I've read a few threads on the same subject, and then I went to:
Prefs > Plugins > Device interface plugins
I customized both Nook Device Interface entries, unchecking Read metadata...

But calibre still takes a long time reading my Nook Touch. So I went again to the same plugins and I unchecked the 3 formats epub, pdb, pdf too. No change.

Am I doing something wrong ? I don't need to have calibre connect to the Nook anyway (for now). I prefer to do the transfers by other means.

PS: There's a micro SD card in the Nook. Could that be the problem ?
This is not a speedy task on a sizable device load. Due to hardware issues, I run my PEz on a USB 1.x port which slows it down even more. The log shows 1 min 4 Sec for a device that has already been scanned by Calibre.
Until that completes, Calibre has to open each and every file to read metadata. Get some Coffee while it grinds away
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
sinusLog

But it seems to me that I have configured calibre not to read the device. If that's not what I did, how do I do it ?
Old 10-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Am I doing something wrong ? I don't need to have calibre connect to the Nook anyway (for now).
If you don't want it to connect then disable the plugin.

Quote:
I prefer to do the transfers by other means.
What other means?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #5
sinusLog

That did it. Thanks.

> What other means?
Windows explorer or a file manager.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:28 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Windows explorer or a file manager.
FYI

Keep in mind that dragging and dropping from the calibre library does not update the metadata. To update the metadata in your mobi or epubs you must export the book from calibre using Save to disk, Connect to folder, Send to device, or the Content Server via the web.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #7
sinusLog

Luckily, I always save to disk. Thanks again.