Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-29-2014, 12:48 AM   #1351
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
There is an uninstall*.bin in the ZIP you downloaded.

Did you try restarting the Kindle? This hack requires restarting when you change various options.

What screensaver did you get instead? The default? (In which case it isn't working.) Or a blank Screensavers Hack Has Been Installed one?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:07 PM   #1352
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
What @escwartz said.

I'd add that uninstalling/reinstallign won't do anything, the uninstall/install process doesn't touch the settings or the user's data. If you backed yourself in a corner somehow, and a reboot doesn't help, there's a 'reset to default settings' button in the KUAL extension.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-29-2014 at 03:16 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #1353
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
What @escwartz said.

i'd add that uninstalling/reinstallign won't do anything, the uninstall/install process doesn't touch the settings or the user's data. If you backed yourself in a corner somehow, and a reboot doesn't help, there's a 'reset to default settings' button in the KUAL extension.
Well, I figure it cannot hurt either. It is technically possible the install was corrupted. (I have never had that happen, but then again, I seem to have led a blessed life so far -- no device of mine has ever suffered such a problem. )
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #1354
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@eschwartz: True. I did *once* have an install simply disappear into the ether on me so, hey, who knows ;D.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:59 PM   #1355
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And here comes Python 0.11.N & ScreenSavers 0.18.N, mostly w/ update binaries and support for the 4GB PW2.
Advert
Old 11-08-2014, 11:23 AM   #1356
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Release ScreenSavers v0.19.N.

It fixes a very old and stupid bug (present since the start of the K5 version), which ended up making us generate covers in a slightly wrong resolution on the PW/PW2... *sigh*.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #1357
NiLuJe
BLAM!

... And a quick hotfix, ScreenSavers v0.20.N.

I forgot a minor detail in the upgrade code path of the install script...
If you updated to 0.19.N, remove the linkss/screensavers/00_you_can_delete_me-kv.png file and update the hack!

Oops.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #1358
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
I updated the pw2 to the new software 5.6.1 and i can't install the screensaver hack anymore. The .bin file is deleted automatically after ejecting the device. Any ideas?
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #1359
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
I updated the pw2 to the new software 5.6.1 and i can't install the screensaver hack anymore. The .bin file is deleted automatically after ejecting the device. Any ideas?
Your post says: "pw2" and your info box says: "kindle touch" - -
Which one are you talking about here?

- - - -

So try not ejecting the device - just do a restart using the power button (same as described for the "downgrade attack").

Don't expect any better results -
we expect all 5.6.x series firmware to have this sort of protections included.
including the killing of our active document hacks (no KUAL, no CM, ...) .

- - - -

Also, for our records of Lab126 challenges - what are the first four characters of your device's serial number?

- - - -

@NiLuJe: Just checked, and Amazon lists 5.6.1 as current for all three of the 2014 i.MX6 devices.

That: "edit first post when the time comes" -
The time has come.

- - - -

Guess I had better get back to work on that built-in serial port adapter / remote controller board this weekend.

Last edited by knc1; 11-13-2014 at 05:27 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #1360
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
I am talking about the PW2 . The first four characters of my device are: 90D4.
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #1361
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
I am talking about the PW2 . The first four characters of my device are: 90D4.
And the 2013 PW2 -
Well, thanks Amazon -
we only have to find one JB for all three devices.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #1362
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1: *insert muffled scream of rage here*

-_-".

----

I'm completely dead on my feet, so this'll probably have to wait for tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up, though .

----

EDIT: I'm not seeing any entries for the KV & KT2 on the Software Update page?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-13-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:17 PM   #1363
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@knc1: *insert muffled scream of rage here*

-_-".

----

I'm completely dead on my feet, so this'll probably have to wait for tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up, though .

----

EDIT: I'm not seeing any entries for the KV & KT2 on the Software Update page?

Will check again tomorrow, maybe it was just a mis-released page.
(They might have accidentally released all three pages, rather than just the one.)

ps: check your PM bin.

Last edited by knc1; 11-13-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:22 PM   #1364
knc1
Going Viral

Ah, my mistake - Only KT2 and PW2 - not KV (yet).

they are up now -

KV:: http://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmware...yage_5.6.1.bin

PW2:: http://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmware...e_v2_5.6.1.bin

KT2:: http://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmware...ndle_5.6.1.bin

And I just saved copies, to make sure I am not having a nightmare.

Last edited by knc1; 11-13-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #1365
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1: Funnily enough, I can see the KT2 one only on Amazon FR, not Amazon US ;p.

On the other hand, I have to resort to Google to even *get* to the US Kindle Software Update page . Time to go to bed, I think ^^.

But it is indeed the exact same build, for once.

EDIT: Out for the KV too. Unified Wario firmwares, hurray!

EDIT²: Well, unified in the sense that they happened to have the same build number. Not so much unified in the sense that they actually are completely identical in content...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-14-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch