Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
New Ads at end of Amazon Books are just what I wanted

Sorry, if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find it here.

I have had one of the new ad-supported Kindles for a few weeks. I'm not sure if this is on all Kindles or only the ad supported ones.

For the last several weeks, all the books that I buy come with additional links at the very end. These include: share this on twitter; other books that you might like; and other books by this author.

Amazon is still missing one feature I want. When I buy books in a series, I would like it to know which book number a certain book is and which one is next in the series. However, this new feature is close. I can use the 'other books by this author' list and find the next book in the series.

It's really helpful in feeding my reading addiction .

I remember discussing some time back Amazon's patent for in-book ads. At the time, I said that it would be great for me if those ads were for the next book to read, and that is exactly what this is.

BTW, for a given book it gives you two choices. You can either "Buy It Now" which will download it, or "Get More Info" which launches the web browser and takes you to its Amazon page.

Is this feature also available on the regular Kindle or is this just for the special offers Kindle?
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I believe that it works the same way on all Kindles with the latest firmware.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I believe that it works the same way on all Kindles with the latest firmware.
Yes; and though this end-of-book page doesn't do much for me, I don't consider it an "ad" nor find it particularly offensive.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
Amazon is still missing one feature I want. When I buy books in a series, I would like it to know which book number a certain book is and which one is next in the series. However, this new feature is close. I can use the 'other books by this author' list and find the next book in the series.
This is a pregnant idea. Amazon should birth it, posthaste.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I really like this twitter / more suggestions "feature" and, yes, it appears on a Kindle 3 "standard, International" edition. I'd like to see that extended to Kobo WiFi.

And, definitely, next in series would be great.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert