Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
jim6064
jim6064 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Multiple Format Output

Is there a way to convert a book to more than one format without having to do the full conversation routine for each output format?

Thank for any help.

Jim
jim6064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isn't.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
Knipfty
Enthusiast
Knipfty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Kindle PC/Kindle BB
Couldn't you use the command line interface and create a batch file that does it in several steps?
Knipfty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
jim6064
jim6064 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks for the help.

I'll try the command line when I get a little more experience with the program.

Jim
jim6064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim6064 View Post
Thanks for the help.

I'll try the command line when I get a little more experience with the program.

Jim
When you do, be advised that Calibre sometimes has trouble running multiple line batch files. I'm not sure if that carries over to the ebook-convert module, but it was definitely a problem with calibredb. One solution is to stick "start" in front of each line. That causes each line to spawn it's own copy of cmd, but leads to multiple simultaneous execution.

Another solution is to use the batch file "for" looping commands to process all the files you want to convert, although it's a bit trickier to write. All of the loops will be executed, even if the next line in the batch file isn't.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert