Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
vigrom
Enthusiast
vigrom doesn't littervigrom doesn't littervigrom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis, Tolino epos 3, iMac 2021/24"/M1, iMac 2011/El Capitan
Blank white icon after updating to v. 2.0

Hello all,

is it only me or someone else as well? After updating to version 2.0 I see only a blank white icon instead of a big white "M" on the red background. Everything else works fine (so far), but what's wrong with the icon???

Thanks for any help!

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

PS: Yes, the old icon with reading glasses on it was visible all right.
vigrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Yes. I have received another report about this. I cannot reproduce the problem but I'm investigating the issue.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
vigrom
Enthusiast

Thank you, Kris! I appreciate your effort.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Is your device jail-broken?
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:45 AM   #5
vigrom
Enthusiast

No, it's not jail-broken.
Advert
Old 09-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
RONE
Enthusiast
RONE began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
I've had this happen with other apps. To fix, I would delete the app and re-download it.
RONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RONE View Post
I've had this happen with other apps. To fix, I would delete the app and re-download it.
But wouldn't deleting the app wipe out your library along with highlights, annotations, etc.?
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
vigrom
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
But wouldn't deleting the app wipe out your library along with highlights, annotations, etc.?
Yes, that's what I am fearing as well. Would it indeed?
Old 09-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigrom View Post
Yes, that's what I am fearing as well. Would it indeed?
It would, yes. Have you tried simply rebooting?
Old 09-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #10
vigrom
Enthusiast

Rebooting? Of course I tried it - no effect, the icon is still white...
Old 09-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@vigrom - I know that this might be a big hassle especially if you've got many books already loaded, but could you try removing Marvin, rebooting and reinstalling from the App Store? During launch day the App Store had many problems distributing Marvin and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the possible cause.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #12
Philantrop
Addict

Or you could try removing the Marvin icon from /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache/

You will have to reboot afterwards.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #13
vigrom
Enthusiast

@Philantrop - there is no Marvin icon in this directory... at least not on my system.

@Kris - Your suggestion sounds promising, if I find time I will try it tonight, if not - tomorrow. While at it... Is there a way to temporarily store all my books from Marvin's library to get them back to Marvin after deleting and reinstalling it? (Except emailing them to myself.)

Many thanks!
Old 09-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #14
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigrom View Post
Is there a way to temporarily store all my books from Marvin's library to get them back to Marvin after deleting and reinstalling it? (Except emailing them to myself.)
I would try iFunBox. There is a thread about it here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=221231
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #15
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I second MeSue's recommendation of iFunbox.

Close Marvin on your iDevice, the start iFunbox.

After connection, navigate to Marvin's folders. Copy the Documents folder in its entirety to your computer (as a folder), then navigate to the Library folder, copy mainDb.sqlite to your computer. The Documents folder and the mainDb file represent a snapshot of Marvin's library.

After reinstalling, you can replace them to get your library back. Again, do this while Marvin is not open.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote