Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Question 1st generation Kindle Fire: Where to put my books

I have connected my kindle fire 1st generation to my laptop with all of the books that I want on the fire. When I look into the fire I see a lot of folders, where do I put my books? I believe there was a documents folder which is where I tried placing my books, however they did not show up. Am I restricted on the fire to reading only books that I have obtained from Amazon on the fire? I have several books that I have obtained from Baen ebooks, and since Baen has elected to sell their books directly to the public rather than via amazon, their ebooks that is, I believe that there printed books are still available via amazon. I have several books that I would like on the fire. Several of my pals are reading books on their kindle fire's rather than a dedicated ebook reader. I would like to try reading some of the books on the fire. Any help is appreciated.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
I think you'll find they show up under "documents". This might help you out.

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-...e-kindle-fire/
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
batpuppy
Connoisseur
batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 , Samsung TabA 8.0, Kindle fire 7.0
Baen is now selling ebooks through amazon. You can also email the ebook directly from the baen website to your kindle fire. And of course you can directly upload them to the KF by way of usb.
batpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote