Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #301
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've added a section to the first post dealing with Duplicated Shelves.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #302
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I've added a section to the first post dealing with Duplicated Shelves.
Thanks, Peter. The instructions will save people hours and hours of frustrations.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #303
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Weird question...i looked, really i did.

can you do sub collections/shelves? Say I have a Programming collection, can i then have a set of collections beneath that like Java, Python, etc?

thanks

ETA: Also I renamed a few shelves and when I updated the meta on the device, the old shelf was gone but the new shelves were missing. I had to resend the books to the device to get the 'new' ones to appear (at least I hope they're going to appear - still updating)....is that normal?

ETA2: Nope that didn't work either

Let me correct that....just re-adding did not work (just caused duplicates), removing and readding did work

ETA3: looks like the actual problem for the shelf renaming was that I wanted them in brackets [] so that certain ones would appear at the top. It did not like that via calibre even though it seemed to let me create one like that on the device. I used an underscore (_) instead and did not need to re-add or remove anything, just refresh meta so hope that helps someone else in the future. (On Glo)

ty

Last edited by gabby98; 12-18-2013 at 03:18 PM.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #304
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Weird question...i looked, really i did.

can you do sub collections/shelves? Say I have a Programming collection, can i then have a set of collections beneath that like Java, Python, etc?

thanks
Short answer: no, I would like it to.

Quote:
ETA3: looks like the actual problem for the shelf renaming was that I wanted them in brackets [] so that certain ones would appear at the top. It did not like that via calibre even though it seemed to let me create one like that on the device. I used an underscore (_) instead and did not need to re-add or remove anything, just refresh meta so hope that helps someone else in the future. (On Glo)

ty
# in front of the shelf works too
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #305
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Short answer: no, I would like it to.
Figured lol

Quote:
# in front of the shelf works too
will remember that. I since I removed and readded I have to go back and set my last spot on the three books I know I've already started. Good thing I tried the fetch annotations beta before I removed them, at least it gave me my percent read if not the page number.

thanks

ETA...ooh, maybe ill use the # for my sub collections for now
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #306
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I use 0 to put the shelves I want at the top. To make it look nice, I have some shelves named 0n Deck PNR, 0n Deck SFR...etc. Using the number 0 not the O.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #307
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ETA...ooh, maybe ill use the # for my sub collections for now
I use a prefix: S: for series, A: for anthologies, R: for novellas...
Old 12-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #308
gabby98
Wizard

ok...so can you say S: series in the plugin or do you actually have to add the S: to your series info? cause if you can do it that way, there's lots of fun possibilities, as it stands now I had to actually change my special shelves to include the _ at the beginning (its ugly lol)
Old 12-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #309
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
ok...so can you say S: series in the plugin or do you actually have to add the S: to your series info? cause if you can do it that way, there's lots of fun possibilities, as it stands now I had to actually change my special shelves to include the _ at the beginning (its ugly lol)
I've not tried it yet, but I imagine that one option would be to make a custom column like this:
Code:
Lookup Name: pfxseries
Column Heading: Prefixed Series
Column Type: Column built from other columns
Template: {series:|S: |}
and then configure the Kobo driver to use #pfxseries rather than series in the shelving.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #310
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I've not tried it yet, but I imagine that one option would be to make a custom column like this:
Code:
Lookup Name: pfxseries
Column Heading: Prefixed Series
Column Type: Column built from other columns
Template: {series:|S: |}
and then configure the Kobo driver to use #pfxseries rather than series in the shelving.
that's true...and the pfx column doesn't necessarily have to be displayed so that helps lol

love your zombies btw
Old 12-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #311
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Well, my custom column is a bit more elaborated (python function instead of template and it adds the different prefixes according to different info) but that's the idea, yes, I do it like that.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #312
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
Well, my custom column is a bit more elaborated (python function instead of template and it adds the different prefixes according to different info) but that's the idea, yes, I do it like that.
I'd love to see a sample if you do not mind PM'ing it to me when you have time.

ty
Old 01-04-2014, 03:38 AM   #313
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I just noticed that while all books are on device, they didn't all ended up on their respective shelves. They are on sd card. How to fix that?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:38 AM   #314
webmanil
webmanil began at the beginning.

Device: Wings of fire
Thank you PeterT, this really helped me and Save a lot of time.
webmanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:19 PM   #315
Samanthaaaa
Samanthaaaa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello, I was wondering is there anyway to add a single 'book' to multiple shelves?

And also, is there anyway to automatically place books into a shelf based on the information of another column, such a 'Word Count'?

Thanks.
Samanthaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote