Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #31
yosoyeleze
yosoyeleze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Muy buen HACK!!! Es competamente funcional salvo una cosa. Cuando en modo lanscape se utiliza la función GO TO y se busca una página o localizador, el teclado virtual se superpone con el boton de necesario para que se efectúe el indexado. Sólo se puede salir de esta situación volviendo al HOME. A alguien le pasó?

Gracias por el aporte valioso, lo estaba esperando hace mucho
yosoyeleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #32
yosoyeleze

Very good hack! Function is to compete except for one thing. Lanscape mode when using the GO TO function and look for a page or paging, virtual keyboard overlaps the button is made necessary for indexing. You can only get out of this situation back to HOME. Someone happened to him?

Thanks for the valuable contribution, was waiting for a long
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #33
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoyeleze View Post
Very good hack! Function is to compete except for one thing. Lanscape mode when using the GO TO function and look for a page or paging, virtual keyboard overlaps the button is made necessary for indexing. You can only get out of this situation back to HOME. Someone happened to him?

Thanks for the valuable contribution, was waiting for a long
try using the "small button" version
mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #34
yosoyeleze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.w0lf View Post
try using the "small button" version
Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried the "small button" version and is the same. I can not use GO TO to find a site or location. Also, I can do this from portrait mode without problems, of course.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #35
ramonrox06
ramonrox06 began at the beginning.

I dont understand how i use the small button. I tried but i think its doenst working

Last edited by ramonrox06; 01-13-2012 at 03:16 PM.
ramonrox06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #36
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonrox06 View Post
I dont understand how i use the small button. I tried but i think its doenst working
Week-end will be dedicated to hacking, so I'll test if the small button have any issue.. same goes for the "normal" version, if i can not fix the problem that now i have, will implement pirl8 solution to the rotation problem.. right now i am really fused
Old 01-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #37
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonrox06 View Post
could you use the normal version? If so, there's no difference. Just play that mp3 file. but as said in previous posts, there are issues with screen overlapping.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #38
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
Nice work!

I just did a post about this on The eBook Reader Blog and uploaded this YouTube video showing it in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR4H1F4Ghsw
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #39
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
This is SO COOL.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #40
mr.w0lf
n00b

damn, when i did this i was just having some relax in launch break.. didn't thought it would be so appreciated xD
Old 01-14-2012, 03:14 AM   #41
rastik
Connoisseur
rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post
It's possible to get the screen auto-rotating and not that hard. I have it working on my Touch right now, here are sort of the instructions for it:

Change both occurrences of IS_ACCEL=0 to IS_ACCEL=1 in /etc/init/makexconfig .
(With that change, if you open the keyboard and change orientation it should close)

change /etc/xdg/awesome/lab126_ligl.lua "local function liglReflashWholeScreen" to "function liglReflashWholeScreen"
and add "liglReflashWholeScreen()" after
Code:
lipcH:send_event("orientationChange", { currentOrientation })
in /etc/xdg/awesome/lab126_orientation.lua
Excellent! Sometimes the screen was not refreshed correctly when rotation to landscape. So I made some changes and kind-of solved the problem with no refresh after 6 pages as well.
I've returned liglReflashWholeScreen back to being local and created a new one in the same file:
Code:
function liglReflashWholeScreenX()
    if g_liglRef then
        local size = math.max(g_screenOne.geometry.width, g_screenOne.geometry.height)
        liglPause()
        ligl.display_flash_rect(g_liglRef, 0, 0, size, size)
        liglResume()
    end
end
And in the other file the code around orientationChange send_event is:
Code:
            if orientation == UP or orientation == DOWN then
                lipcH:set_string_property("com.lab126.winmgr", "refreshOnTurn", "false")
            elseif orientation == LEFT or orientation == RIGHT then
                lipcH:set_string_property("com.lab126.winmgr", "refreshOnTurn", "true")
            end
            liglReflashWholeScreenX()
It is simplified that I don't care if you like refresh after every page or not. In portrait it is off and in landscape mode always on.
rastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #42
mr.w0lf
n00b

i have passed whole morning trying, and i think that for some reason if you invoke refreshOnTurn via SSH it works, via our html exploit it doesn't.. i dunno why.. just tryed with pirl8 script, it flip the view but ignore the commands to refresh screen..
Old 01-14-2012, 06:51 AM   #43
mr.w0lf
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoyeleze View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried the "small button" version and is the same. I can not use GO TO to find a site or location. Also, I can do this from portrait mode without problems, of course.
ok, now i got it.. i don't see any solution other than making a smaller looking keyaboard.. and that will imply JB..
Old 01-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #44
mr.w0lf
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastik View Post
Excellent! Sometimes the screen was not refreshed correctly when rotation to landscape. So I made some changes and kind-of solved the problem with no refresh after 6 pages as well.
I've returned liglReflashWholeScreen back to being local and created a new one in the same file:
Code:
function liglReflashWholeScreenX()
    if g_liglRef then
        local size = math.max(g_screenOne.geometry.width, g_screenOne.geometry.height)
        liglPause()
        ligl.display_flash_rect(g_liglRef, 0, 0, size, size)
        liglResume()
    end
end
And in the other file the code around orientationChange send_event is:
Code:
            if orientation == UP or orientation == DOWN then
                lipcH:set_string_property("com.lab126.winmgr", "refreshOnTurn", "false")
            elseif orientation == LEFT or orientation == RIGHT then
                lipcH:set_string_property("com.lab126.winmgr", "refreshOnTurn", "true")
            end
            liglReflashWholeScreenX()
It is simplified that I don't care if you like refresh after every page or not. In portrait it is off and in landscape mode always on.
Nice work, could you write an SH file that could do all that automatically (and maybe even wipe back situation)? that would be really nice!

i just updated the main topic with new version (pirl8 sh script), so in future i do not have to mess up again with ID3 but just edit SH

Someone asked for media player modding: just got the source, seems not very complicated to mod it but: what do you want to seeadded to this media player? ( colours? )
Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #45
Mehdi
Mehdi began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastik View Post
cool though I think there'll be more problems if we don't fix the refresh issue. it looks like its caused by a bad driver
Mehdi is offline   Reply With Quote