Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 03:12 AM   #1
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
This morning my Iq701 can't start...

This morning my Iq701 can't start, remain stuck on "Android". I have pressed the reset but not helped, I have removed external SdCard, the results are the same, at boot remain blocked on "Android". Help me!

Thank's in advance
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:43 AM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Have you tried removing the battery?
That always did the trick to me...

It's a little bit tricky to pry the backcover open (best try with a spoon or another blunt object), start at the little cut-out and carefully work all around, there are quite a few hooks to release.

If this is not successful i'm afraid only other solution will be to reflash
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2011, 05:07 AM   #3
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Yes, removed battery, and press reset + power, then reconnect battery press power but no success, blocked on "Android". I think the only solution is reflash... I spend much time to root, install apps who require a root, install market, modify build.prop, reinstall all apps and data. There is a way to install clockworkmod? With clockworkmod is it possible to make a full backup.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
No clue about clockworkmod, I use Titanium Backup and have all flashable mods in one folder on my SD card, so a complete new setup takes about 20 minutes
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #5
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
Yes, removed battery, and press reset + power, then reconnect battery press power but no success, blocked on "Android". I think the only solution is reflash... I spend much time to root, install apps who require a root, install market, modify build.prop, reinstall all apps and data. There is a way to install clockworkmod? With clockworkmod is it possible to make a full backup.
There is no known way as of now to install CWM on the IQ. I would not recommend trying ROM Manager or CWM in any way since it can brick your device.

Unless someone comes up with a working CWM install, reflash in the only way to go.

As for your boot loop, remove the battery and wait for 24 hours before plugging it back. Reconnect it and recharge it to full charge. Usually, it will fix the problem.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 02:39 AM   #6
pippopelo
Connoisseur

Battery out for 24 hours, but always blocked on "Android", go to re-flash
Old 11-01-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
ebookof
Enthusiast
ebookof began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
How do you actually disconnect the battery?

I have opened the back and I see that the battery is connected to the device through a small cable with a connector. Do you pull that connector out? I have tried to remove it, but it did not want to pull too much, as I was afraid I would break something.

Thanks.
ebookof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:01 AM   #8
Surfdiver
Surfdiver began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Hi ebookof,

I have disconnected my battery several times without any trouble.
Try to pull the cable gently out off the connector.
Good luck!
Surfdiver is offline   Reply With Quote