Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-13-2006, 07:04 AM   #1
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
Finally official price for Hanlin V8 - $299

Here:
http://www.jinke.com.cn/compagesql/E...dpro/index.asp
http://www.jinke.com.cn/compagesql/E...tail.asp?id=15
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:17 AM   #2
THJahar
Zealot
THJahar is on a distinguished road

Device: Jinke V2 Prototype
? thought the V8 wasn't for the european/US english speaking market?
This price is in dollars, is that american dollars?
Since the FAQ says that the V8 supports english could I buy one as that's all I need?
THJahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:44 AM   #3
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by THJahar
This price is in dollars, is that american dollars?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THJahar
Since the FAQ says that the V8 supports english could I buy one as that's all I need?
Yes.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #4
THJahar
Zealot
THJahar is on a distinguished road

Device: Jinke V2 Prototype
OMG decisions, decisions... what are the advantages of a V2 over a V8??
Should I wait??? If so how long would the wait be? Should I just buy both as an when they are released as theoretically the price of the 2 is still less than the price of an Iliad?
THJahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:27 AM   #5
bytraper
bytraper began at the beginning.

I have to admit, its tempting... I havent heard anything back from irex regarding an invite enen though I applied for one
I guess its because im in Australia...

But then, if I got a v8 I'd always be wondering wether I should have just waited for the v2... Decisions decisions... How far away IS the v2 anyway?
bytraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:42 PM   #6
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytraper
How far away IS the v2 anyway?
That's the big question :-( Jinke said that they would be seling "samples" in May (and that was pushed back to June, I believe). But the samples seem only to be for prospective distribution partners - not even for reviewers. So you or I actually getting a V2 seems to depend on the partners agreeing to distribute the product, then buying them from Jinke, then selling them to us. That could take any amount of time (or never happen).
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #7
bshort
Enthusiast
bshort began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 700p

See, now I'm really torn.

Pros: ability to use a wide variety of formats (too bad it doesn't read unconverted LITs), reasonable price, small size, integrated screen cover, doesn't require the use of crappy Sony software.

Cons: funky software, designed for Chinese instead of English-speaking user base, cheap, shiny plastic, unknown future.

The Sony Reader looks like a great device, but I'm willing to bet they'll hamstring it by requiring users to use the Sony Connect software (which will also leave out OSX users). The fact that it uses SD cards is a huge plus, and I'm amazed that Sony would support anything other than MemorySticks.

*sigh*

If the iLiad was a little smaller and a little more polished (and about half the price) then I wouldn't give it a second thought.

I might have to wait until the second generation units come out.

The perfect situation would be if I could get a V8 (or V2) with a finished, native-English UI.
bshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:12 PM   #8
Vash
Vash began at the beginning.

Device: Dell axim x30
Is this the same OS that LVD was working on with the proper english text layout and such? If so I'm ordering tommorrow
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #9
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash
Is this the same OS that LVD was working on with the proper english text layout and such? If so I'm ordering tommorrow
LVD is selling localized V8 - with russian and english UI. Like I have now.
Chineses have no rights for this localized software, as I know...
Old 07-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #10
Vash
Vash began at the beginning.

Device: Dell axim x30
Bummer, guess I'll just have to wait untill LVD makes announcement that he's ready to sell to the US then :<

Vash
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #11
Arsenius
Arsenius began at the beginning.

So um I really need an ebook reader any time soon. I don't really care who manufactures it.. Irex is so expensive, this device is half the price.. Can I as European citizen ( netherlands) Order this device from the website of jinke? Seems legimate right? Anyone know what the best step is to get one with english interface in my hands?

Im desperate to have an e-ink technology based ebook-reader! Help me out!
Arsenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:11 AM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenius
So um I really need an ebook reader any time soon. I don't really care who manufactures it.. Irex is so expensive, this device is half the price.. Can I as European citizen ( netherlands) Order this device from the website of jinke? Seems legimate right? Anyone know what the best step is to get one with english interface in my hands?

Im desperate to have an e-ink technology based ebook-reader! Help me out!
You can probably order the V8 directly from Jinke, but the interface will be in chinese, which may be a problem if you don't read the language.

You might try contacting user LVD, if memory serves, he's working on selling an english version of the V8. I'd suggest you look at his posts to get an idea what he's said about it in the past.

You'll may have to PM him to make contact.

Hope that helps.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:30 AM   #13
sjaaks V8
Enthusiast
sjaaks V8 began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8
Arsenius. I am from the Netherlands and have bought the V8 directly from Jinke. Its the english russian model. It took just 2 weeks to arrive. No troubles at all.
sjaaks V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:00 AM   #14
mlkmnz
Enthusiast
mlkmnz began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaaks V8
Arsenius. I am from the Netherlands and have bought the V8 directly from Jinke. Its the english russian model. It took just 2 weeks to arrive. No troubles at all.
And how do you find it? Have you owned any other eBook readers and is it significantly better?

I own an eBookwise 1150 which I think is great and want to know if the eInk readers are worth the substantial extra cash...
mlkmnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:56 AM   #15
sjaaks V8
Enthusiast
sjaaks V8 began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8
mlkmnz. Till now I am satisfied with the book. The screen is beautiful. The book is not to big to carry around. The wolf software doesn't work properly, or I don't understand how to do it. It is my first e-reader. Just playing with it. And reading.
sjaaks V8 is offline   Reply With Quote