Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 03:25 AM   #16
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinrowang View Post
I just emailed you with attachment of .mobi file I've been working on.
Thanks for quick reply! you are the best!
Well, it turned out as of now directly sending Calibre converted MOBI file through USB does not work(i never use it myself that way). I'll look into it. For now any Calibre converted MOBI ebooks must be sent through amazon. I've sent you your book along with generated X-Ray file, they're tested working. You can also make your own of course.

Edit: ^^^^FIXED^^^

Last edited by shinew; 11-22-2011 at 01:11 PM.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #17
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

update v0.2

I've made some update to the script. Basically 2 things:

1) added Organizations section from shelfari.com

2) I thought the default "More on Shelfari" isn't very useful for the way my script works, because I've pretty much grabbed every term from shelfari.com now. So I've changed that to a Wikipedia article link(see images attached). After clicking on the "Full Wikipedia Article" link, it'll launch the browser and attempt to get a full match from wikipedia instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20111121_132711_sm.jpg
Views:	1076
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	79230   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20111121_132920_sm.jpg
Views:	989
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	79231  
Old 11-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #18
shinew
Addict

update: fixed the issue for Calibre generated ebook not detecting the x-ray file. Now it works with ebooks from both Amazon's Personal Documents & USB side loaded MOBI files converted through Calibre.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #19
zcqsimon
zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good job, this is great, still waiting for my KT
zcqsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #20
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
Just tried it on one of my books and can't seem to get it to work. Book was already on my kindle. I copied it, ran it through mobile2mobile. filled out the info on your site and generated the file. copied it to the folder on my kindle and its not showing me xray button.
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #21
shinew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalex View Post
Just tried it on one of my books and can't seem to get it to work. Book was already on my kindle. I copied it, ran it through mobile2mobile. filled out the info on your site and generated the file. copied it to the folder on my kindle and its not showing me xray button.
that could be caused by several things, most likely incorrect ASIN.

check your PM.

Last edited by shinew; 11-26-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #22
shinew
Addict

Just created an X-Ray file from the file you sent and it works fine for me. Sent you back with the correct info attached with the generated X-Ray file, so it should work for you too.
Just verify that you have the same info. You probably got one of the IDs wrong.

Also make sure you read the instruction and check the REFERENCE section for anything that's not clear to you.

Last edited by shinew; 11-26-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #23
shinew
Addict

UPDATE:
- added built-in decimal to hex converter for the GUID so there is no need to use an external converter. It now takes both dec and hex.
- updated REFERENCE section to reflect the change.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #24
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
Hope in future you can make X-Ray generator as Calibre plugins.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #25
shinew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucah View Post
Hope in future you can make X-Ray generator as Calibre plugins.
It shouldn't be difficult to implement, and it should even be able to support character/phrase location if going that route(most likely going to be pretty slow in generating the x-ray file though). But Amazon has been rolling out more & more books with X-Ray, I'm not seeing any long term usefulness for the x-ray file generator in the future(perhaps just for people's DRM free books). Also calibre uses Python I think? which means I'll have to look it up & familiar myself with that
Old 12-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #26
Yavanna
Yavanna began at the beginning.

Device: CAT-Stargate & Preordered Sony PRS T1 + Kindle4 NT
Wow- that just looks terrific!

I love that feature! Would love to see it implemented as a Plug-In for Calibre!!!
Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #27
ajpsjeng
ajpsjeng began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I generated my x ray file for the steve jobs book, then I put it into the .sdr folder on my kindle. The x-ray button shows up - I click on it and it says "X-Ray is not available for this book...

for other books I try to generate the x-ray files, I can't find the ASIN , only see ISBN

please help
ajpsjeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #28
shinew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpsjeng View Post
I generated my x ray file for the steve jobs book, then I put it into the .sdr folder on my kindle. The x-ray button shows up - I click on it and it says "X-Ray is not available for this book...
Did you verify with mobi2mobi that you have the correct "uniqid" & "database name"?

Quote:
for other books I try to generate the x-ray files, I can't find the ASIN , only see ISBN
do a Mobi to Mobi conversion with Calibre, or send the the book through personal document, it'll generate valid ASINs. Alternatively you could also add the ASIN using mobi2mobi, but previous options are easier for you probably.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #29
Huey4prez
Huey4prez began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3
Is mobi2mobi a program and can it run on mac? I googled it, but am still confused. I'm anticipating my touch tomorrow, and am trying to figure this out beforehand.
Huey4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:48 AM   #30
shinew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey4prez View Post
Is mobi2mobi a program and can it run on mac? I googled it, but am still confused. I'm anticipating my touch tomorrow, and am trying to figure this out beforehand.
Yes I'm using it on my Mac. Depending on your version, here is a general guide for installing mobi2mobi on your Mac but you might need to adjust few things depending on your setup & software version https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Install_Mobi2Mobi_Mac

I forget the exact steps on how I've installed it but you can always post your questions on this forum for help if you get stuck.

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray