Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
LH07
Enthusiast
LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet
help please with sideloading books

Hi I have an android tablet and wanted to know if there was a way to side load books either manually or using calibre onto the kindle app , I have a kindle a and would like the books on both devices so I can sync them
LH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Yes, you can do that. The process is pretty much the same as with your Kindle.

You connect the tablet to your PC with a USB cable. Then, on the PC, you should see the device under My Computer (along with your main hard drive and any other storage devices you have attached). Navigate to the device, then drill down to the folder where your ebook reader stores its files.

On my Nexus tablet, for example, I use the Kindle Android app, which stores its files in sdcard/Kindle, but yours might be different.

Once you've located the folder, just drag your ebooks to it in the usual way.

If you prefer not not to use a physical cable, you can connect the tablet to the PC wirelessly, provided they both have access to the same wifi network. The way I do that is with an Android app called ES File Explorer, but there are several similar apps available.

I'm pretty sure you can also transfer files directly from Calibre (at least from the most recent version), but I haven't got round to trying that yet.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Current versions of Android have changed the path. It looks like "/sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files" is pretty common now. That's where I've been putting kindle books.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
lifer109
lifer109 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard and now Nook HD+
Emailthem

One way I transfer using caliber is to email to my Kindle or my nook. Different emails for each. Can't do way large files like pdfs, but for mobi files it works great with no hard connection.
lifer109 is offline   Reply With Quote