Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
aglaia761
aglaia761 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
Date Added vs. Date Modified

In my date column, I noticed that it is pulling the date that the book was modified or created, not the date added.

For example, I purchased a book that had been published in 2006. When I added it to my hard drive and to calibre. The date column reflected the 2006 date, not the date that I added it. This doesn't happen all of the time, but it happens enough that I need to find a workaround.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ag
aglaia761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
update to the latest calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
aglaia761

I have version 7.31. What am I missing?
Old 11-28-2010, 01:04 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
and are you sure it is still happening? older versions of calibre used to read the date from epub files, but this was changed a few versions back. calibre no longer reads the date from epub files.

If you have an epub file for which this is happening with 0.7.31 opena ticket and attach the file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:07 AM   #5
aglaia761

I keep a pretty accurate list of books I've added recently. Let me go back through them to confirm. Can you tell me which release fixed the problem, or the approximate release? This way I don't have to go too far back.

Thanks,
Ag
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 05:34 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglaia761 View Post
I keep a pretty accurate list of books I've added recently. Let me go back through them to confirm. Can you tell me which release fixed the problem, or the approximate release? This way I don't have to go too far back.
From the change log.

Quote:
Release: 0.7.20 [24 Sep, 2010]

New Features
  • EPUB metadata: Don't read timestamp value from epubs as I am sick of closing bugs about adding books and having the Date not be today.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote