Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #23086
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
You should NOT boil water for coffee that leads to over extraction! Ideally in the ball park of 195-205 degrees F depending on the grind, the bean, the roast, and your personal tastes.

Personally I brew a medium grind, dark roast at 200 degrees F with a pulse brew system that gives a bit faster brew time, while not under extracting like most of your faster brewers do (see any thing Keurig makes as an example)

As for stirring, that only matters if you add stuff to your coffee. If you are adding steamed milk (which should be just below 160 degrees F) then you should not stir at all and let the drink be layered.

I could go on, but you tea drinkers do no understand all the complexities and refinement that a coffee drink should have and I would just be wasting coffee drinking time
Oh no!!! What have I started????
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #23087
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Now THAT'S the idea! Take something absolutely mundane and turn it into a work of art! Who says one can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?!?
It's better than making a drink out of civit poop.

My glass is empty! Off for a refreshing refill of iced water.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #23088
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
You should NOT boil water for coffee that leads to over extraction! Ideally in the ball park of 195-205 degrees F depending on the grind, the bean, the roast, and your personal tastes.

Personally I brew a medium grind, dark roast at 200 degrees F with a pulse brew system that gives a bit faster brew time, while not under extracting like most of your faster brewers do (see any thing Keurig makes as an example)

As for stirring, that only matters if you add stuff to your coffee. If you are adding steamed milk (which should be just below 160 degrees F) then you should not stir at all and let the drink be layered.

I could go on, but you tea drinkers do no understand all the complexities and refinement that a coffee drink should have and I would just be wasting coffee drinking time
My tea kettle has a setting for French PRess, it is 200 degress Farenheight (sp)
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #23089
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I *knew* there were Americans who were equally passionate about how to brew coffee, and claimed that some was absolute swill. Glad somebody finally spoke up! And I don't even know if it *was* an American.

A lurker
drinking English Breakfast mixed with Earl Grey, from tea bags, alas!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #23090
Contortionist
Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Contortionist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Arizona Strawberry Lemonade/Tea. Heavenly.
Contortionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #23091
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Fresh coffee in my cup. I use a single cup coffee maker, add fresh ground coffee beans, charcoal filtered water, and push the button.

Ta da. Fresh coffee to add to my cup and I am happy. I never have to drink brewed coffee that has set for a while after it has brewed.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #23092
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing. I need some more iced water.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #23093
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Ahhh... iced water in my cup. (Well, Imperial pint glass. Yes, it even has a crown on it.)
Old 01-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #23094
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Ahhh... iced water in my cup. (Well, Imperial pint glass. Yes, it even has a crown on it.)
I just caught up on this thread.... have you floated away yet?

Making sliced apples as my coffee brews.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #23095
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contortionist View Post
Arizona Strawberry Lemonade/Tea. Heavenly.
Welcome!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #23096
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I just caught up on this thread.... have you floated away yet?
Not at all. Although my cup is now empty again, apart from a few sad looking nearly-all-melted ice cubes.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #23097
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Just water. Must be catching...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #23098
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
And I awoke today and found the frost perched on the town
It hovered in a frozen sky and gobbled summer down
When the sun turns traitor cold
And shivering trees are standing in a naked row
I get the urge for going but I never seem to go
And I get the urge for going when the meadow grass is turning brown
Summertime is falling down winter's closing in

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0_RZZoREC4 )

Good morning, everyone! Snow on the mountains this morning, but fortunately none on the streets! Sun is pretty strong though, and not so cold so most will probably melt away by this afternoon. There is a big mug of Bigelow's "English Breakfast" tea at hand, and some tortillas warming in the oven, to eat with an olive tapenade made with both Greek and Spanish olives. Nothing like a cross-cultural breakfast! The tortillas are my concession to calorie counting.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #23099
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
It's actually a bowl...and potato soup is in it!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #23100
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Oh no!!! What have I started????
Rabble-rouser? Or just Agent Provocature?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?