Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 10:32 AM   #61
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Saw a couple TV ads for the fire last night-- 1 during football (so they are targeting guys) another during something my wife was watching (didn't notice if the ads were the same or not). Wondered if this would cause a spike in orders.

Looks like Amazon still has a stockpile.

Just ordered one (to check) and my delivery date was listed as Nov 17. We have prime via Amazon Mom. Off to cancel again.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #62
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
Saw a couple TV ads for the fire last night-- 1 during football (so they are targeting guys) another during something my wife was watching (didn't notice if the ads were the same or not). Wondered if this would cause a spike in orders.

Looks like Amazon still has a stockpile.

Just ordered one (to check) and my delivery date was listed as Nov 17. We have prime via Amazon Mom. Off to cancel again.
Very interesting. Thank you. I think they are definitely pushing Christmas sales...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 12:46 PM   #63
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Nov. 17 - Amazon Prime

I just took out a free trial of Amazon Prime and got my delivery date changed to Nov. 17. I get 2 day free shipping on all orders now from Amazon and I order something ever few days.

There is no minimum now for my 2 day shipping.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:00 PM   #64
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I just took out a free trial of Amazon Prime and got my delivery date changed to Nov. 17. I get 2 day free shipping on all orders now from Amazon and I order something ever few days.

Good man!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #65
Osiris
Osiris can teach chickens to fly.Osiris can teach chickens to fly.Osiris can teach chickens to fly.Osiris can teach chickens to fly.Osiris can teach chickens to fly.Osiris can teach chickens to fly.Osiris can teach chickens to fly.Osiris can teach chickens to fly.Osiris can teach chickens to fly.Osiris can teach chickens to fly.Osiris can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad,Kindle Fire
Ordered: 10/15
Delivery Date: 11/16

I'm a Prime member and paid extra for next-day delivery.
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #66
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
You will be the FIRST !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post

With that extra payment of $ 3.49 you will be the first to get the Fire. Let us all know your first impressions. I'll have it one day later unless I get the fever and pay the fee as well.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #67
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Ah, I fell for the temptation and upgraded to 2-day shipping. Nov 17th now.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #68
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
Ah, I fell for the temptation and upgraded to 2-day shipping. Nov 17th now.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #69
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post

Welcome to the "Club."
Membership does have its privileges!"
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #70
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post

Whoa! Wow! Great!

I tried to give you karma, but I need to wait a bit to refresh.

Anyway, you are certainly a hard charger!

Enjoy.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #71
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Ten days until the Fire is Kindled.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #72
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
Ten days until the Fire is Kindled.
And then it's PARTY TIME!!!!

Old 11-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #73
Plumfan
Plumfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
ordered September 29, delivery November 16 one day shipping.
I know, frivolous extra expenditure but I felt I was worthy.
Plumfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #74
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumfan View Post
ordered September 29, delivery November 16 one day shipping.
I know, frivolous extra expenditure but I felt I was worthy.
Yes! I concur! Definitely worth it!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #75
robslp
Enthusiast
robslp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 & 3, Nook, Android Razr, Fire, Transformer Prime.
I ordered 9/28 and mine says estimated delivery 9/21-9/29 regular shipping. I hope it comes sooner than that.
robslp is offline   Reply With Quote