Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #106
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I haven't tried connecting the A500 to my display yet because I really had no interest in streaming from it since I have a Blu Ray player already doing that duty.

BUT I'd like to try to play a game and I know I need a mini HDMI connector so I'll have to get one to go out from the Acer A500. The game I'm most interested in trying is Riptide. Bet that would look smoking on my Samsung display!

Has anyone used some sort of controller to play the game (or any game for that matter) instead of just tilting the A500 to steer or move around?

Last edited by robertc88; 02-10-2012 at 11:44 AM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #107
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I haven't tried connecting the A500 to my display yet because I really had no interest in streaming from it since I have a Blu Ray player already doing that duty.

BUT I'd like to try to play a game and I know I need a mini HDMI connector so I'll have to get one to go out from the Acer A500. The game I'm most interested in trying is Riptide. Bet that would look smoking on my Samsung display!

Has anyone used some sort of controller to play the game (or any game for that matter) instead of just tilting the A500 to steer or move around?
I have only used an xbox controller to play games in the OnLive app and it worked flawlessly. I may have to try it on different apps to see how it performs. The controller was a wired controller BTW.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #108
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
On February 17th (last week), Acer announced when Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) will be coming to their Iconia Tabs:

Quote:
The update is being pushed to Acer Iconia Tab A200 customers over-the-air now in the United States and will be completed over the following week. The Acer Iconia Tab A100 7-inch tablet and Acer Iconia Tab A500 10-inch tablet will both be updated in April.
The update's new features and enhancements are mentioned in Acer's press release: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/press/2012/33015.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #109
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
On February 17th (last week), Acer announced when Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) will be coming to their Iconia Tabs:

The update's new features and enhancements are mentioned in Acer's press release: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/press/2012/33015.
I am glad for my Acer iconia a100 and me. My Incredible2 will also be getting the ICS upgrade. I have asked on various forums what people thought about ICS who have managed to get their hands on it. The replies have been mixed. What have you heard, if anything? BTW I am enjoying Mantano on my Acer, what app are you using?
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #110
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
BTW I am enjoying Mantano on my Acer, what app are you using?
I've heard good things about Mantano, but I haven't tried it. I have a Kindle device, so I mostly read books on my Acer tablets using the Kindle App. Between my two Acer tablets, I also have Aldiko, LumiRead, Nook, and Zinio Reader apps installed, but I never use them.

I'm looking forward to Ice Cream Sandwich. I just hope all my most-used apps will still run okay!
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 01:53 AM   #111
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I have thors ICS and it has solved a number of issues for me. Like a laggy typing error, very slow performance of the browser and a few other things. Thors from doesn't have camera capability though but that doesn't bother me. All my apps work just fine.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #112
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Even though I did not get as good a price I am very pleased with this purchase. I done good.

Any word on ice update even though I can live with honeycomb?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #113
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Any word on ice update even though I can live with honeycomb?
According to Acer, the Ice Cream Sandwich update will be coming to the A500 and A100 in April.