Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 05-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #121
Synthesis
Synthesis began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505s
Thanks for the program for single inputs! ...except for the problem I have with batch converting. I do the normal comiclrf.pl "C:\Conversions\*.cbr" but it seems to combine all my comics together and it gives me an error IOError" [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ... LRS2LRF failed! at C:\Conversions\comiclrf\comiclrf.pl line 247.

Am i doing something wrong? The readme doesn't offer much help with batch coverting and I can't find anything in these threads to help.
Synthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:08 AM   #122
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
No idea what's wrong, your batch conversion command line looks fine. There's nothing special to doing a batch conversion. Possibly something wrong with your comic files or there's too many files in the directory.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:55 PM   #123
serpentium
eAddictd
serpentium began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505, Iliad Book Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimoviz View Post
Xombie: Thanks for your input. I finally solved the problem. It was not on the code or the software. In fact, the issue has to do with some idiosyncrasies of OSX... whenever it finds more than 1 library, even they are the same version, the execution stops.
I had to read a LOT to get here, and it was so simple after all...

Thanks to all of you guys for your support.
Hi,
could you share with other mac user the perl file you changed... and maybe few instructions how to install correctly imagemagick?

i tried by myself a little bit but...it wasn't so clear...
serpentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:16 AM   #124
netrider11
netrider11 began at the beginning.

Manga split?

FangornUK, thanks for the wonderful script. It works well for me! The image quality is very good.

Not sure if this has been asked before, is it possible to add "manga split" mode? to the script. Many of my cbz and cbr files are manga with 2 pages in 1 jpg. If you can give me some pointers on how to doing it, that will great!

Thx
netrider11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:32 AM   #125
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yes, it's a good idea. I'm planning to implement it but haven't had any spare time recently.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:05 AM   #126
fake-name
fake-name began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
The new version of comicLRF is refusing to generate .lrf files for me. it processes the cbr file fine, and even claims to have written the cbr file, and terminates with no error. However, there is no lrf file anywhere (ran complete search on drive).

I have comiclrf at "c:\perl\comiclrf\comiclrf.pl"
Working in directory "c:\comics"

Command line is: comiclrf.pl -r "C:\Comics\GunnerkriggCourt.cbr"

File has 412 jpg images.

Interestingly, if I go back to an older version of comiclrf (update: 20070806, contains independant lrs2lrf.exe), it works fine. Could the conversion of libprs500 to calibre have screwed something up?

Also, is there any plan to support a TOC? For big files (e.g, 1000+ images), some form of navigation would be really nice. CDisplay grabs any text file in the .cbr file. Perhaps you could implement some form of lightweight markup language in a included text file.
A simple tab delimited, line break separated format could work, and be easily human-readable to boot.

Last edited by fake-name; 06-07-2008 at 07:10 AM.
fake-name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #127
FangornUK
Addict

fake-name, that's a lot of images in a single file, in theory it should work fine but the resultant LRF file maybe too large than what is supported. I've tested the latest version of libprs500 (i.e. Calibre) and it works fine for me.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #128
FangornUK
Addict

Update:
Added, long overdue, automatic landscape image splitting into two portraits.

Download latest version from the usual place, i.e. link is on the first page.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #129
fake-name

I don't know, I've successfully converted a 173 mb cbr file containing 1642 images with the 20070806 version with no issues. That includes uploading and testing (e.g. reading) on a PRS-505.

I'll try the new version, and get back to you.

Not sure if it's relevant, but the 20070806 is tolerant of spaces in the path to the perl file, whereas the current version requires a path with no spaces. That's a little annoyinf because putting the .pl file on the desktop breaks it.

Edit: the 20080607 (current version) seems to be working again. Tested it on a 134 image archive with no problems, am currently testing it on aformentioned 1642 file archive.

Would it be too much to ask for you to ad a revision number to comiclrf? It would make referring to a specific version much easier.

Last edited by fake-name; 06-07-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #130
netrider11
netrider11 began at the beginning.

Thank you very much for the splitting option! Today is my lucky day!
netrider11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #131
fake-name

Ok, the current version is functioning fine. Whatever was disagreeing with my computer is now fixed. It processed the 1642 image, 173 mb archive fine (apparently, if the lrf file has limitations, they're far larger than thought).

As an aside, the Calibre lrf viewer cannot handle files longer than 996 pages. Anything longer gets truncated. However, they still function fine on a PRS-505.

Before someone asks, I'm converting webcomic archives. I read quite a few webcomics, and the ability to put them on the PRS-505 has made the device far more enjoyable for me.

I just wanted to say thank you for ComicLRF.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:36 AM   #132
FangornUK
Addict

fake-name, you're possibly near the 64MBytes limit LRF files have. I put comiclrf on my desktop and it works fine, no problems with spaces for me. Make sure you put double quotes around the Comic file though. The version number is the date.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #133
fake-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangornUK View Post
fake-name, you're possibly near the 64MBytes limit LRF files have
Uh... what?

I have several lrf files that are 100+ mb that work perfectly. LRFViewer (the software that comes as part of calibre) may be limited to 64 mb, but the PRS-505 is not.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #134
FangornUK
Addict

Updated: Version 2.0 released
  • Rewrote completely in Python to enable threading of image processing and easier crossplatform compatibility - plus a way for me to learn Python!
  • Python version only written for Windows, OSX and Linux to follow.
  • Multi-threading of image processing has doubled speed on multi-core CPUs.
  • Less agressive image trimming to avoid "geometry does not contain image" error.
  • no longer uses Calibre (libprs500).
  • Now an executable with an easy (setup.exe) installation

Currently this version is only for Windows; OSX and Linux are almost there but need a bit more work - my first Python program so be patient This version is much easier to install and run as it is an executable (it's compiled Python)

Last edited by FangornUK; 06-18-2008 at 05:34 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #135
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Nice. You may want to consider using the ctypes module to directly call functions in the imagemagick dll without the overhead of launching a separate process. See for example the libwand module in calibre that provides a basic interface to imagemagick
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote