Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-17-2015, 10:06 PM   #1
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Calibre catalog: extra description note

Perhaps I'm missing something, but the extra description note in catalog options only offers some custom columns to choose from, not all of them. It used to include my Pages column (which stores page count), but now it no longer does. In fact, it does not include any columns based on numbers. What's up? Did some recent update change it? Has it happened to anyone else?

Calibre 2.36 64-bit, Windows 10

Last edited by Sirtel; 09-17-2015 at 10:14 PM. Reason: added calibre version info
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:37 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@sirtel - I just checked 2.38 and 1.48 and my Words column (integer like your Pages) doesn't seem to be available in either version for EPUB.

But I only ever use the CSV option occasionally.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2015, 11:43 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There have been no changes to catalog generation in a long time (GRiker the maintainer of the catalog subsystem is not active anymore), probably numeric columns were never supported.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:02 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@sirtel - maybe you had a virtual column that used the format_number template function, see ==>> Template language - Advanced features

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:41 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I created a mobi catalog only recently, with page count as an extra descriprion note, but I used a customized section list and style sheet which were quite old. Yesterday I created new ones (copied the whole catalog folder from Program Files into AppData and worked from there). Possibly that was the problem, it seems that numeric columns were supported once, but no longer.
So I guess the only way is to create a new column based on Pages, yes.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2015, 02:26 PM   #6
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
@Sirtel

I had that same problem of not getting my custom columns to show in the catalog.

The following was an email sent by Kovid Goyal when I put the question in the bugs.

Email starts at the bottom of the page...

I can live with that. THanks!

"On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 6:37 PM, Kovid Goyal <1467127@bugs.launchpad.net> wrote:
You can create a custom column and use the Merge with comments option in
the ctalaog creation dialog to put that infomation in the notes section
of each book, either before or after the comments.

--
You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1467127

Title:
[Enhancement] Catalog

Status in calibre: e-book management:
Won't Fix

Bug description:
Would like to have the ability to select non-mutually exclusive
prefixes. Instead of having one prefix section, allow for more (by
selecting number (up to three?)

Also, would like to have more "notes" lines.

I would like to include page numbers, dates added or read, numerical
ratings, etc."

Last edited by Rellwood; 09-18-2015 at 02:31 PM. Reason: New information to add
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote