Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
n808
n808 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Banner "Personal" on many covers, books classifieds as personal document (Paperwhite)

After I downloaded my books to my new paperwhite, a large number of the books show up with the banner "Personal" (black on white) on the bottom of the cover. I cannot figure out what this means or how to remove it. Most of my books are converted from Epub to Mobi using Calibre.

I have not yet set up any collections.

When I click and hold the cover, it seems the "Personal" books are classifieds as Documents - Option "Delete This Document", while the other books have option "Delete this Book"..

These are all regular books, I have no idea why Kindle classifies some as Documents, some as books. All transferred the same way using Calibre.

Last edited by n808; 11-06-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: EDIT: info added
n808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
See the numerous threads about this. (This one being one of the latest ones, for example).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I replied to the post you posted in my thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2293695
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote