Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #31
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I rather not start a new thread. If you are still using Go Launcher, which theme are you using?

Between all the browsers, apps, widgets, themes, etc etc. I need a larger hard drive for my brain!

http://www.geekloudy.com/free-12-bes...top-downloads/

This link shows some recommendations.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #32
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
In this thread is a way to have your own custom wallpaper stay put (using the latest version of Go Launcher Ex), and "cover up" the standard KF wallpaper:
See posts #6 and #9
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #33
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
In this thread is a way to have your own custom wallpaper stay put (using the latest version of Go Launcher Ex), and "cover up" the standard KF wallpaper:
See posts #6 and #9
Are you using a theme for this launcher? I wasn't referring to wallpaper if your post was a follow-up to mine.

There are so many widgets and themes available and I'll bet lots of folks who got a KF as a gift are are fairly new to android don't even know about them.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Are you using a theme for this launcher? I wasn't referring to wallpaper if your post was a follow-up to mine.

There are so many widgets and themes available and I'll bet lots of folks who got a KF as a gift are are fairly new to android don't even know about them.
There is a site I found on google that has tons of Go! Themes. I think it called Mobile 9 or something like that. I haven't put Go! back on and right now don't plan too. I liked the default theme myself. Beautiful widgets apps worked fine on it as well.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #35
robertc88
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
There is a site I found on google that has tons of Go! Themes. I think it called Mobile 9 or something like that. I haven't put Go! back on and right now don't plan too. I liked the default theme myself. Beautiful widgets apps worked fine on it as well.
I just came across Mobile 9 myself today. I don't recall it being ever mentioned. I haven't browsed through it yet but the more the better. I just don't know of its reliability at this point.

If I can figure out how to get them to the Fire, I'll try some more. I don't think they are in the AAS and unless i'm searching wrong, some of the alternate app stores discussed don't seem to have them either.
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I just came across Mobile 9 myself today. I don't recall it being ever mentioned. I haven't browsed through it yet but the more the better. I just don't know of its reliability at this point.

If I can figure out how to get them to the Fire, I'll try some more. I don't think they are in the AAS and unless i'm searching wrong, some of the alternate app stores discussed don't seem to have them either.
The ones on mobile 9 are in apk. Just sideload like any other app.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #37
robertc88
Fanatic

That is a good amount of themes for starters without worrying about how to sideload the ones I installed from the android market to my SGT.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #38
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@robertc88 Nah, I was just replying in general to the thread. I use the Core Theme here .
I like a black background. I also unzipped the file and removed the wallpaper to use it with the wallpaper rotating app, but everyone has their own preferences.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #39
robertc88
Fanatic

It appears a requirement for themes is to have the latest Go Launcher version. I have that version on my SGT but not the Fire. I'll have to decide to update it or not but it has been running flawlessly so far on my SGT so I probably will. There sure are plenty of themes to choose from on mobile9 and in apk file form. It will be hard to resist the temptation of using some on the Fire. I'll use the SGT first to see if I like my choice. The classic theme I did know about but I didn't realize it was so popular so I might start with that for the Fire.

@hope, what version of Go are you utilizing?
Old 01-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #40
Hope
Zealot

Quote:
It appears a requirement for themes is to have the latest Go Launcher version. I have that version on my SGT but not the Fire. I'll have to decide to update it or not but it has been running flawlessly so far on my SGT so I probably will. There sure are plenty of themes to choose from on mobile9 and in apk file form. It will be hard to resist the temptation of using some on the Fire. I'll use the SGT first to see if I like my choice. The classic theme I did know about but I didn't realize it was so popular so I might start with that for the Fire.

@hope, what version of Go are you utilizing?
I'm using Go Launcher 2.75. Got it at 1mobile.com, I think.
Uh, oh, they already have version 2.76 out! I'm a little afraid to update to that after Blossom's experience so I'll stick to 2.75, but you can download the spanking new one here and the Core theme over here
Where do they get the nice clock widget and the calendar widget in the illustrations?
Edit: Just checked version and I have 2.76 so at some point it must have updated itself.

Last edited by Hope; 01-28-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #41
robertc88
Fanatic

Quote:
I'm using Go Launcher 2.75. Got it at 1mobile.com, I think.
Uh, oh, they already have version 2.76 out! I'm a little afraid to update to that after Blossom's experience so I'll stick to 2.75, but you can download the spanking new one here and the Core theme over here
Where do they get the nice clock widget and the calendar widget in the illustrations?
Edit: Just checked version and I have 2.76 so at some point it must have updated itself.
I am pretty sure I got Go from the Amazon store back when and I do not see it now to update or check that version.

Anywho, I uninstalled it and grabbed the latest one via your link. Download and installed without any problem. I will restart the Fire and hope for no problems, but I guess you did not have any so after that I will mess around with themes that interest me.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #42
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
I am pretty sure I got Go from the Amazon store back when and I do not see it now to update or check that version.

Anywho, I uninstalled it and grabbed the latest one via your link. Download and installed without any problem. I will restart the Fire and hope for no problems, but I guess you did not have any so after that I will mess around with themes that interest me.

You probably did. I got Go from the Amazon store. For a few days after the Fire was originally released the Amazon store offered the Go launcher and at least one other launcher. They quickly made them off limits to the Fire though.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #43
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Quote:
See posts #6 and #9
I never created a super large 1024x1024 screens as the directions said, I just used a picture I created in one of the paint programs and it worked fine
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #44
Hope
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
I never created a super large 1024x1024 screens as the directions said, I just used a picture I created in one of the paint programs and it worked fine
Yes, I have done the same so not sure if that step is necessary, but it may depend upon the background detail if when you change to landscape mode it stretches the picture so much as to distort it. My Zimbabwe picture of an elephant may distort in landscape mode as to look ridiculous if the canvas of the picture is not expanded to the 1024x1024 size, but if your background is just a bunch of swirls or dots, it may not be necessary to make it in a 1024x1024 size.
I think that's why the Amazon poster gave such elaborate instructions as to how to create the picture; he was probably thinking in terms of someone using a picture of their son or daughter or dog or cat as a background picture and, in that case, you may have to go through his directions to create a non-distorted background picture for the KF.
I don't know, all I've done is use about 4 backgrounds (some 1084x1084 and some much smaller extracted from the res folder in a theme) with the wallpaper rotating app so far and that's my take on it.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #45
robertc88
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
You probably did. I got Go from the Amazon store. For a few days after the Fire was originally released the Amazon store offered the Go launcher and at least one other launcher. They quickly made them off limits to the Fire though.
When I think about removing Go, then I may as well uninstall everything else that isn't available from the Amazon store. It would not be as much fun as it is now when removing those but the KF will function pretty well stock regardless of some inconvenience.

And the volume control would also need to be eliminated.

Last edited by robertc88; 01-30-2012 at 10:49 AM.