Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
murali
murali began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Manually adding different formats of a book

I am not sure if this question has been already answered. I searched the forum, but didnt find anything related to this..

I would like to manually add different formats of a book (PDF, ZIP, Mobi etc) and have only one entry corresponding to it in Calibre. Is it possible? Currently it creates separate folders with the same title under the same author and copies each format separately. I would like to avoid that if doable.

I see that if I did the conversion from within Calibre, the formats are clubbed under the same entry. I want to achieve the same thing but manually.

thanks,
Murali
murali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the edit metadata dialog to do that
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
murali
murali began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Awesome!! Didnt know that there was a Add Format button in the metadata section

thanks for the quick response..
murali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by murali View Post
You can also just turn on the autosort/automerge option in Prefs|Import/Export|Add|"If books with .... found" and it will automatically add incoming formats to existing entries, provided the author/title matches.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by murali View Post

thanks for the quick response..
You can drag and drop (into the formats window) also.

I just found out that dropping a "empty book" (place holder for me) from another Calibre, in to the bookshelf, makes the empty book (including tags and cover art) on this Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert