Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #16
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
That video gives me a completly different view of Turkey. Thanks
Then you maybe will enjoy this video. This is the city where I was born.

Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #17
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
On SameOldStory's suggestion:

I don't want to spend ages on figuring out where to get the embed markup, so here's just the links:

Valravn - modern folk/electronica - not the kind of band that 'everyone' knows. This is one of my favourite songs of theirs:
I6OqDZft42s
http://www.myspace.com/valravn

Eivør - she's Faeroese (so not quite Danish). The same (very dramatic) song in two versions:

Nordstrøm - electronica-pop:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nordstrommusik

Sys Bjerre - a quirky pop singer-song writer:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sysbjerre

Anne Linnet - singer-song writer and a household name for at least the last 30 years:

Last edited by Ea; 11-29-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #18
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I love all your music. This is from my country:
Tulips from Amsterdam

When springs come
I'll bring you
tulips from Amsterdam
When spring comes
I'll pick for you
tulips from Amsterdam.
Beautiful yellow ones, beautiful red ones
telling, you are the most beautiful one
What my mouth can't say
The tulips will,
these tulips from Amsterdam

Last edited by desertblues; 11-28-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: why doesn't it work; will ask around.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #19
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Heck, most of what I post in the What Are You Listening To Now? thread is in languages I don't understand. I love diversity in just about everything but particularly music.

Here's something I'm listening to a lot today. It's not really music. It's a Vedic chant (in Sanskrit) which someone has overlaid some music to. I suppose, though, that it's no less music than a Gregorian chant so what the heck. In theory, chanting mantras (particularly this one) helps people to focus on their own self-discipline. I listen to it frequently over and over and sometimes even chant it. That probably just says how desperate I am sometimes.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #20
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I'll give a voice to my Belgian friend.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #21
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
The first family of English folk music

TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #22
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

While I wait for my Belgian friend I put this up
Old 11-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #23
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Bravo Beppe; Jaques Brel sang in Dutch as well, but I like this French song of his very much:

desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #24
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I really love Mereille Mathieu, especially, when she sings in French...

I don't know how to embed, but here's the link with a beautiful video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNRuYJTKklY

(I hope)

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 11-28-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: fixed that for you
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #25
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This thread encouraged me to search for this song... It was written by my natural father (Hans Valter Janzsen) many years before it was published... I only met Hans a few times just before we migrated to Australia.

The song is still played in Denmark, and was on top of the hitlist for several years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lxt_6ekjt4

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 11-28-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #26
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Oh, my! Jacques Brel! Well, if you post Jacques Brel we must post this one, too. I heard it first sung by Judy Collins a few....erm.....let's just say it's been a while. But Jacques Brel made me sit up and listen with every molecule of my being even though I had no idea what he was singing about. Except by his emotion.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #27
lene1949
Wizard

Kim Larsen was also one of my favourites

Last edited by lene1949; 11-29-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #28
lene1949
Wizard

... and Lene Siel

Last edited by lene1949; 11-29-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #29
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
On SameOldStory's suggestion:

I don't want to spend ages on figuring out where to get the embed markup, so here's just the links:

Valravn - modern folk/electronica - not the kind of band that 'everyone' knows. This is one of my favourite songs of theirs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6OqDZft42s
http://www.myspace.com/valravn

Eivør - she's Faeroese (so not quite Danish). The same (very dramatic) song in two versions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV4Rmb_IIhk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpiFmZLICgM

Nordstrøm - electronica-pop:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nordstrommusik

Sys Bjerre - a quirky pop singer-song writer:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sysbjerre

Anne Linnet - singer-song writer and a household name for at least the last 30 years:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd6HpU_MSTY
Brava Ea, great great music !
Old 11-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #30
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Folks - to embed the YouTube video in your post - just copy the alphanumeric gobbledygook after the "v=" and put the YouTube tabs around it.

Just view a post using Quote to see how it's done!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote