Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #31
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Yes, someone made a "research" on the topic of response time of annotation and type/compexity of pdf and number of annotations. It was more than a half year ago... There is a thread about the results.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #32
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Danel,
yes I have this problem, too. Certain pages are displayed much slower (no annotations).
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #33
mit1987
mit1987 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Hey, booxtor, there is big bug with my M92 after installing the latest firmware.
It is:
First, I wrote a comment on the PDF, then I switch to the next page.
However, in this case, my M92 cant move to the next page.
If I want to move to the next page, i must canclle the "comment model", then push "next page". In this case, it works. I did not understand why..
mit1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #34
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Mit1987, have you put the 2 patchs for the PDF reader ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #35
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Booxtor,
do you have any infos on the status of the jump-to-page-1-bug?
(explained in detail here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=16)
Old 05-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #36
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Booxtor,
do you have any infos on the status of the jump-to-page-1-bug?
(explained in detail here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=16)
Hi,
I have tried the steps in the bug description on some PDFs and couldn't replicate the behaviour you describe. It worked just as it had to.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #37
Defenderland
Groupie

Hi,
did you follow the detailed 2nd description, or the one in the first post?

This procedure should replicate the bug:

1. Open PDF
2. Go to PAGE SETTINGS -> set a "Universal Manual" margin
3. Go to READING -> choose a SELECTION ZOOM (I don't know, if it works with all zoom settings, but i tested it with two and three column PDFs)
4. Go to READING -> Switch to PAPER MODE
5. Now, when turning to the previous page, the reader jumps to the first page of the PDF.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #38
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi,
did you follow the detailed 2nd description, or the one in the first post?

This procedure should replicate the bug:

1. Open PDF
2. Go to PAGE SETTINGS -> set a "Universal Manual" margin
3. Go to READING -> choose a SELECTION ZOOM (I don't know, if it works with all zoom settings, but i tested it with two and three column PDFs)
4. Go to READING -> Switch to PAPER MODE
5. Now, when turning to the previous page, the reader jumps to the first page of the PDF.
Yes, I did exactly those steps. I've tried out several PDFs and could not replicate the bug
Old 05-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #39
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello Booxtor,

I've already confirmed this bug : Bug 1.8 (1.8.20121113) + PDFReader_Patch 2013.01.02 : Go back to page 1

But, I haven't make test with the new firmware.

I'm going to check this quickly.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #40
Defenderland
Groupie

That's strange.
Did you really switch to the previous PAGE NUMBER of the PDF, not only the previous page of the cropped-screen?

Here's a PDF for download, where it occurs on my unit:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...201005_phd.pdf
Old 05-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #41
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hello Booxtor,

I've already confirmed this bug : Bug 1.8 (1.8.20121113) + PDFReader_Patch 2013.01.02 : Go back to page 1

But, I haven't make test with the new firmware.

I'm going to check this quickly.
It's seems that the problem is gone ... ???
Old 05-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #42
Defenderland
Groupie

I have the latest 1.8 20130425 Firmware.

Randy,
could you please try it with the PDF I uploaded?
Old 05-31-2013, 08:05 AM   #43
Randy11
Wizard

Defenderland, do you change the page with the buttons or the pad ?
Old 05-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #44
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
I have the latest 1.8 20130425 Firmware.

Randy,
could you please try it with the PDF I uploaded?
I can confirm this behavior with you PDF. The problem has been reported. Hope I can provide fix after weekend
Old 05-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #45
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Maybe this bug has already been reported ... then repeat
There is a file . If you attempt to use a dictionary an error occurs: whole frames are allocated (a combination of words, sentences). Sometimes you can pick out one word - then the transfer is possible.
In the "old" PDF-reader have the opportunity to select a part of a word to translate in alpha. You can add this feature to the new PDF-reader or some other way to solve the problem?

Может об этой ошибке уже сообщали... тогда повторюсь
Есть файл. При попытке пользоваться словарём возникает ошибка: выделяются целые фреймы (сочетания слов, предложения). Иногда можно выделить и одно слово - тогда перевод возможен.
В "старом" PDF-ридере есть возможность выделить часть слова для перевода по-буквенно. Можно добавить эту возможность в новый PDF-ридер или как-то иначе решить проблему?
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote