Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #31
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
It is the 26th. Any news/official statements/instructions?
Yep. Coming in today. Will be send out tomorrow morning.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #32
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
^^^

Yay! Tinkering with a new firmware version, the PB360 and reading. What a neat weekend coming up.

Yeah, I'm a bit odd - your point?

I assume y'all will give us beta testers instructions - but, for my own backup purposes: Should we be removing any/all hacks on our current readers? I'm talking about themes, FBreader180, the ADE CSS hack, etc...

Thanks.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #33
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Do you honestly think someone in this thread is going to complain that you, fairest of the fair gender, tinker with the Mighty Mouse?

You should back up the hacks. 2 reasons: firstly, the hacks have been made with the 15.2 development kit, which may or may not get along well with the 15.3 firmware. Secondly, they'll want to try out their software, not someone else's
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #34
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Do you honestly think someone in this thread is going to complain that you, fairest of the fair gender, tinker with the Mighty Mouse?

You should back up the hacks. 2 reasons: firstly, the hacks have been made with the 15.2 development kit, which may or may not get along well with the 15.3 firmware. Secondly, they'll want to try out their software, not someone else's
Snicker. Somehow - I just knew people here wouldn't see it as weird that I am looking forward to playing with the new firmware. Now, family and friends IRL? ... they would!

And - about back-up: That's what I figured, that 15.3, being essentially brand new firmware, was not going to work well (or at all) with the stuff we've added over the past months.

I'm going to take everything off my PB360 (essentially, making it a 15.2 factory stock device) before installing version 15.3 ... just so's I can give it a fair shake.

C'mon tomorrow!

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #35
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
Snicker. Somehow - I just knew people here wouldn't see it as weird that I am looking forward to playing with the new firmware. Now, family and friends IRL? ... they would!
You need to choose your relatives more carefully, then.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:41 AM   #36
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
software, not someone else's
I will test the firmware on a "vanilla", hack-free device and then I will load up all the hacks, third-party software, themes. logos, configuration file tweaks to see how it works with them.
PocketBook needs to know if there is conflict with some third-party component.

FBReader180 works with 14.2, 15.0[???], 15.1, all four versions of 15.2 [;-)] so why shouldn't it work with 15.3?
If you were talking about 22.7 or at least 16.0, that would be something different.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:04 AM   #37
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
The internal pretesting of 15.3 was not running as smoothly as intended. That's why we'll start the extended beta test only after the IFA 2010. However, we will give the existing version to some chosen forum testers in the course of today.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:57 AM   #38
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
If you want any more testers, I would like to volunteer. I am a professional software developer, so know pretty much what is required. I am also an avid PB302 user (I use mine every day). Also a very experienced computer user.
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:05 AM   #39
valdespoir
valdespoir began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox
Hi,
I would like to participate in the beta testing proces. I have no special qualifications other than a fierce disappointment about my Pocketbook 302 and especially the software. I think the best way to handle this is helping to improve it.
valdespoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #40
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Will the final 15.3 version include:
- a decent internet browser
- the announced writing app
And btw when is the IFA 2010 (in others words the official release date of 15.3)?
Thanks for the info.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:37 AM   #41
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Will the final 15.3 version include:
- a decent internet browser
- the announced writing app
And btw when is the IFA 2010 (in others words the official release date of 15.3)?
IFA has ended a week ago ;-)
http://www1.messe-berlin.de/vip8_1/w...sch/index.html

The 15.3 beta was posted to the German PocketBook forum, so you can try it out.
So far I haven't noticed any extra functionality (as compared to 15.2)
15.3 beta does seem to be more stable than 15.2

So far I have had problem when I have loaded up too many fonts on the reader and the reader would restart itself after I tried to select another font for display in FBReader. This has happened in official as well as an unofficial version of FBReader.
The problem might have been caused by the fact that I loaded up two slightly different ttf fonts with the same font name (not filename, the font name declared inside the font file)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...39#post1099039
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...66#post1098366
Old 09-14-2010, 08:19 AM   #42
remlap
Enthusiast
remlap began at the beginning.

Device: none
Will Wifi work with WPA?
remlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #43
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlap View Post
Will Wifi work with WPA?
I have tested it on PB302. It works.
Both web browsers work.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #44
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
So 15.3 still is not the final version that was announced when I bought the PB302 (an announcement that decided me to buy it) and which was said to include a good internet app as well as a writing app.
I'm afraid with the new models coming up, the PB301/302 series might get out of sight and development unto a commercially acceptable firmware might be stopped quite soon as the new models will require all programming attention.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #45
remlap
Enthusiast
remlap began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I have tested it on PB302. It works.
Both web browsers work.
Good because I am really annoyed I can't get onto my Wifi network with this device.

Better web-browser?
remlap is offline   Reply With Quote