Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Customizing Calibre

Hello! I just updated to 0.7.15 and I have two questions about customization:
1) Is it possible to add another column to the main metadata view? I know I can add a tag, but for my purpose it would be more convenient to add a column. I'd like to add a column so that I can tell at a glance whether I have checked the formatting of the book and whether it is good/needs fixing/bad.

2) Is it possible to make it so that the default format when I view a book is .mobi, if available?

I've looked at the manual but haven't found information on either of these. Thank you!
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunixer View Post
Hello! I just updated to 0.7.15 and I have two questions about customization:
1) Is it possible to add another column to the main metadata view? I know I can add a tag, but for my purpose it would be more convenient to add a column. I'd like to add a column so that I can tell at a glance whether I have checked the formatting of the book and whether it is good/needs fixing/bad.

2) Is it possible to make it so that the default format when I view a book is .mobi, if available?

I've looked at the manual but haven't found information on either of these. Thank you!
Watch the video at the Calibre download site

#1 ) Preferences, Interface (Hint: the Plus sign)

#2 I don't know
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Watch the video at the Calibre download site

#1 ) Preferences, Interface (Hint: the Plus sign)

#2 I don't know
Oh, thanks! That was a real "duh!" moment.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
The defaullt format for viewing is the same as the default preferred input under preferences->general
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
lunixer
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
The defaullt format for viewing is the same as the default preferred input under preferences->general
Thank you!
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Thanks! I was like theducks - I knew the answer to Q#1, but not Q#2.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote