Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 10-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Tired 'N Grumpy
Connoisseur
Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad/ibooks
Verne, Jules: From The Earth To The Moon (illustrated). v2. 08 Oct 2013

Book 4 of the Voyages Extraordinaires
  1. Mercier and King translation
  2. 47 illustrations by Montaut
  3. Numerous minor formatting tweaks
  4. EPUB3 format

version 2: now passes epubcheck validation. Required numerous updates to package.opf, removal of unnecessary markup, and "fix" to list in chapter 4, though I didn't find any instances where it changed the rendering in iBooks.

In any case, thank you for the feedback folks. Let me know if you find any other issues.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.

Last edited by Tired 'N Grumpy; 10-21-2013 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Passes epubcheck
Tired 'N Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thank you for your effort in making these available with illustrations.

However, all the illustrations that are on the left merge into the text, making the text unreadable.

There is no problem with the illustrations that begin on the right margin.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
Tired 'N Grumpy
Connoisseur
Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad/ibooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

However, all the illustrations that are on the left merge into the text, making the text unreadable.
hmmm, I'm not seeing any issues in ADE, Calibre, or iBooks I'm afraid. Double checked my CSS; the left and right are mirrors like they should be. I'm not sure what the issue could be...please provide more details if you can.
TnG
Tired 'N Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
When initially opening your epub file in Sigil 0.7.3 I get the error shown in the attached figure.

Also, using Sigil's Flightcrew to validate the epub gives 233 error messages.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Verne, Jules - From The Earth To The Moon v1 - error.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	113733  
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
It says in the first post EPUB3 format. Sigil can't handle EPUB3
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Libitum View Post
But epubcheck, which can, also reports errors galore.
doubleshuffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #7
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Libitum View Post
Ah, my mistake. I did not notice it was EPUB3. Keep calm and carry on.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It does seem to read ok in Adobe Digital Editions.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired 'N Grumpy View Post
hmmm, I'm not seeing any issues in ADE, Calibre, or iBooks I'm afraid. Double checked my CSS; the left and right are mirrors like they should be. I'm not sure what the issue could be...please provide more details if you can.
TnG

Sorry, I think this was (is) a problem with calibre's viewer. I did not encounter any problem with my Kindle.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote