Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
How long have you had your eink device(s) ?

I've just realised that I've had my Sony PRS-500 for more than a year. It was on the fifth of this month last year that this little piece of a jewel came to me through the mail. I dearly thank the anonymous people who allowed me such a joy.

I still use it as much as I used to, am pleased with its performances and plan to use it as long as it will live. Of course there is no telling how long that will be but I take utmost care that it will be a long time.

What about you?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Since May 2007.
And it has changed my life in a small way. Instead of merely being an avid reader, I now read and convert books, sharing the results here. Definitely a less passive interaction with the texts. I've learned new computer skills and met some interesting people here too, as a result.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Since May 2007.
And it has changed my life in a small way. Instead of merely being an avid reader, I now read and convert books, sharing the results here. Definitely a less passive interaction with the texts. I've learned new computer skills and met some interesting people here too, as a result.
Your Sony (you, actually) have changed our lives, too, Patricia. 969 and counting. You 'da man! Er...you know what I mean.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It's been since October of '06 for me. Still use it every day.

I have read a couple-few paper books during that time, but they were stuff I couldn't get anywhere (literally) electronically, so I don't feel too unfaithful.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Since November of 2006 so that would be 15 months. I read more than before because it is so easy. I took up book conversion because I'm cheap.

Why pay for a poor quality product when you can make your own poor quality product.

Over the time I have been a member of this forum I have met a number of great people and even a Texan or two.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Since November of 2006 so that would be 15 months. I read more than before because it is so easy. I took up book conversion because I'm cheap.

Why pay for a poor quality product when you can make your own poor quality product.

Over the time I have been a member of this forum I have met a number of great people and even a Texan or two.
Hey, Texas is OK. I have cousin living there and in fact lived there when I CO-OPed in college years ago. Not even sure it was a state then.

Had my PRS-500 since September or October 2006. Been so long I forgot.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:54 AM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
HA HA! I BEAT ALL OF YOU! IN YOUR FACE!

I've had my eInk device since....yesterday.

We are going for lowest score wins, right?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:11 AM   #8
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
July 2006
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:13 AM   #9
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Since 17 January 2007.
Old five-O'-O' was inherited by my wife a few weeks ago. She reads books in Russian on it. I am using five-O'-five from 5 January 2008.

The readers have changed my and my wife's reading habbit.
I am grateful to Sony for introducing eInk to our life.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:37 AM   #10
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
July 2006
Me too. One of the first buyers of an iLiad. Still use it every day. I hope it will live long. It will stay in my household even when I will buy a new reader.

Last edited by yokos; 01-25-2008 at 07:43 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:32 AM   #11
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
July 2006
Hey tribble I notice you also fiddle with two other devices. How about them?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:55 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
April 2007 for my 500. October 2007 for my 505.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #13
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Hey tribble I notice you also fiddle with two other devices. How about them?
July 2006 - iLiad V1
September 2007 - iLiad V2
November 2007 - CyBook Gen3

And there ae more to come.

I have to admit, that i am neglecting my iLiad V1 at the moment mostly. But its still working nicely, i just cannot seem to let it go.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:04 AM   #14
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I received my Sony 505, my first and only ebook-dedicated reader, as a holiday gift, on December 25, 2007, from my wife and children. In one sense, it hasn't changed me at all -- I always was a voracious reader and I did and still do buy, on average, 6-10 hardcover books a month. In another sense, however, it has made a dramatic change in my life. I have severe osteoporosis (one doctor said my bone density is like that of a 105-year-old man) and exercise is an important element in combatting it. Alas, I hate exercise and I'm not the outdoors type -- I much prefer to sit in my recliner and read. Well 2 weeks ago I spent a small fortune on a treadmill and now, because of the Sony, I get 90 minutes of good exercise on the treadmill and actually look forward to doing so. The Sony lets me read while getting the exercise I need. And thanks to Astra's recommendation in another thread for the Verilux light (received it yesterday), I now have a well-lit Sony to read from.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I bought mine October 18th 2007.

Still love it as much as I did initially. It's not 100% perfect, but what is. I've read 86 books on it so far (vs 3 pbooks) & really have no major complaints.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote