Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
RussianCause
RussianCause began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Exchanging Ad-supported Kindle for one without ads?

Would I be able to do this dealing directly with Amazon? I have no problem paying the 25 dollars and whatever shipping fees. I didn't know there was difference and I no longer have the option of returning it to the store for a full refund. Also the clerk I talked to when I bought it told me there was a monthly fee for the 3G so I decided not to buy that version. Now though, without the option to change my screensavers, or the ability to browse the web without having to find a wifi connection, I'm regretting my decision. What are my best options? I'm willing to do anything that doesn't involve selling my current version for significantly less than what I originally paid.
RussianCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Your best bet is to contact support. The only link I found was on the Amazon web site. If you click on the Kindle, then click "Kindle Support" from the menu at the top of the screen. After that, there is a yellow button towards the top right of the screen labeled "Contact Us".

There is no extra charge for the 3G by the way. Salesman needs to be flipping burgers somewhere.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
That salesman needs to be bludgeoned with a heavy club.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote