Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
Tag Browser & Series

Is it possible to have the Tag Browser to show an additional section 'Series', so I can quickly isolate just one series?

Thanks
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
pollito pito
i warned you ...
pollito pito doesn't litterpollito pito doesn't litterpollito pito doesn't litter

Device: none
What version of calibre are you using? On my tag explorer there is a Series category; currently I have 6 series and have no problem isolating a particular one. On the other side, if the build in Series does not satisfy your needs, you can always add a custom (user) category , by clicking on manage user categories.
pollito pito is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbwl View Post
Is it possible to have the Tag Browser to show an additional section 'Series', so I can quickly isolate just one series?
I'm relatively sure that Series has been an option in the Tag browser since it was implemented. See Attached. If you aren't seeing it then something might be wrong with your installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tagbrowser.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	59348  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
If Series isn't showing in your tag browser, try right clicking on any topic showing in the tag browser, click on Show Category, then click on Series.

Last edited by Lady Fitzgerald; 10-04-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
oldbwl
Zealot

I did a clean uninstall and installed the latest version again, and hey presto it is there now.

Thanks all
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
oldbwl
Zealot

Well. a short lived success. It now works on the Laptop but not the Desktop.

The snap is from my desktop machine with 0.7.22 on Vista with all Sp's and patches etc.

I have 30+ series in the collection and the Tag browser does not show even the label

Reinstall did nothing, even deleted the folders 1st

Last edited by oldbwl; 10-06-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
oldbwl
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
If Series isn't showing in your tag browser, try right clicking on any topic showing in the tag browser, click on Show Category, then click on Series.
Doing this has restored the item, Thanks

But wonder why it is hidden, I can't see that there was an option in preferences to hide it
Old 10-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbwl View Post
Doing this has restored the item, Thanks

But wonder why it is hidden, I can't see that there was an option in preferences to hide it
You can hide a tag category the same way as you unhid it. You might have accidentally done that at some point (I'm always doing something like that; in fact, I excel at it). If you reinstall without uninstalling the previous installation, your settings get carried over. Anyway, it's fixed and I, for one, never argue with success.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series, tags