Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #16
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
If says 5V, comply to 5V. If 850mA, better is to stay even or up.
We could argue over smaller amperage, but there is no reason to
avoid pretty cheap chargers. Smaller amperage charger heats. I
would not use it, spite arguments for.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #17
evwool
Connoisseur
evwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Palm M515, Palm VX, Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollu View Post
I use my Samsung Galaxy S charger for the Kindle as well and have had no problems...
What are the Volts and Amps figures for the Galaxy S chargers? Are they the same as the Kindle's?
evwool is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #18
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
5V 1A

My Samsung Galaxy SIII wall charger is 5V 1A. I use it to charge the Kindle all the time.
Click image for larger version

Name:	USB charger.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	96752
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #19
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
They're all 5V units, I do the opposite, I use my Kindle lead to charge my Galaxy Note

The connector (USB Micro-B) should always only ever carry 5V. The current you don't have to worry about, as devices only consume what they need.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #20
SquiddOhio
Connoisseur
SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have a lot of things that need to be charged, and I found this handy device (I think at "Smarthome").
I installed it at desktop level and wired it from an outlet just below it, at floor level. It has 2 USB ports, and senses the power needs of any attached device, and shuts off the charging when the device is fully charged, although most devices today do that internally.
I find that it works great for iPhones, iPods and surely all things Apple, as well as Kindles. One big advantage is that I do not need to keep the transformers here for any devices that charge via USB cables, just the cords.
It's a little pricy, but very convenient and highly recommended.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wall Charaging station.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	96808  
SquiddOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #21
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@SquidOhio-
I like it! Do you know what the amperage is of the usb's?

edit- answered my own question...5v 2.1A per usb outlet. (at Smarthome). didn't know these existed, thanks for the heads-up. Karma to you!

Last edited by GoSharks; 11-25-2012 at 11:05 AM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #22
watling777
watling777 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquiddOhio View Post
It's a little pricy, but very convenient and highly recommended.
Other World Computing currently has USB wall outlets as a black Friday special for $9.99.

Power2U

edit- It looks like there are issues with cables included with some Kindles and purchase of an extension cable might be needed:
Quote:
The Power2U has been tested, and is compatible, with cables conforming to USB standards. This includes cables that come with USB powered/charged devices, including those from Apple, Kindle (Amazon)**, Nokia, Motorola, Samsung and other major brand device providers, as well as aftermarket cable brands including NewerTech (purchase here), Belkin, and Griffin. Not all aftermarket cables meet USB design standards and such may not be ideal for use with this product.

**Certain late 2011/early 2012 model Kindles (like the Keyboard 3G) include a USB to micro-B charging/connecting cable that doesn't provide proper connection with the Power2U. We offer extension cables that will alleviate this incompatibility for those models. Cables included with Kindle's since mid-2012 do utilize an industry conforming housing that is compatible with Power2U.

Last edited by watling777; 11-25-2012 at 03:16 PM.
watling777 is offline   Reply With Quote