Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #31
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I found that it only used about 100 MB of extra space after the upgrade. The upgrade took seemingly forever!
Yes, it was slow. Just the download took nearly an hour. The OS seems to be specific to geographical demographics. A review iPhone supplied to one of the office Geeks had to have its version of OS6 changed to the local release. I wonder what else is different? I know that Siri gives an error indicating that she can only answer certain questions if they are concerning the mainland US. No good asking her where the nearest coffee shop is.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #32
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
While I appreciate and support your sentiment, to be fair, presenting reviews and then discussing them (by posting a link demonstrating updated information) was exactly what was done in those two posts.

Graham
Both those threads unfortunately had an unhealthy dose of politics and nationalism injected into them, which is why they were closed.

I am looking forward to seeing what iOS6 brings to my iPad 2 and iPhone4S. It sounds a good software upgrade.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #33
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
I am DISCUSSING the new iPhone and the new OS.
I agree! Misunderstanding due to my bad english.

Sorry -- you are the good one here.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #34
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
I agree! Misunderstanding due to my bad english.

Sorry -- you are the good one here.
No problem. I understand what it is like when translating thoughts to another language. You should see the screw-ups I have when trying to converse in Swedish. (Luckily most Swedes speak more than passable English.)
Old 09-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #35
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Both those threads unfortunately had an unhealthy dose of politics and nationalism injected into them, which is why they were closed.

I am looking forward to seeing what iOS6 brings to my iPad 2 and iPhone4S. It sounds a good software upgrade.
So far I am more than pleased. Siri does have some improvement applicable to Australia, though not yest as useful as she is when I am in the US. The new "Passbook" app doesn't seem to do anything but Apple did warn that some apps might not be fully operational in all areas.

What is interesting is that the App store shows different options and available apps on my updated OS6 phone. Many that are not showing on my wife's not as yet updated phone. The new turn by turn mapping app seems quite professional. The downside (for a week or two I imagine) is the number of of Apps that need updating. I have updated fifty-seven so far this morning.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #36
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I just finished the update to iOS6 as well. It did take forever to download. I love the improvements with Siri. I haven't had a chance to try out the other aspects of it as of yet. Will report in as I learn new things.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #37
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I liked this:

Quote:
The iPhone 5's slim profile first inspires a reaction of "No, really, I want to see the real phone," followed by (in my case) an involuntary calculation of how many months I have to serve on my current contract before I can upgrade.

Which is actually an important part of designing a new phone. Is there any other kind of device that's so sense-driven? You feel it in your hands, and you stroke the screen with your fingertips. You look at a wide spectrum of creative content, and you listen to music. I'm certain that if Apple ever figured out what people wanted a phone to smell like, then they'd use that information in their very next release.
http://www.suntimes.com/business/151...akthrough.html
Old 09-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #38
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
Apple Maps service loses train stations, shrinks tower and creates new airport

Significant glitches reported in service that replaces Google Maps on Apple's iOS6 for iPhones and iPads

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...-station-tower

Good...
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #39
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
Sources tell AllThingsD that the team assigned to the app is under lockdown right now working to fix it. But it’s unfortunate that it was ever released in this condition in the first place. Mapping applications are awfully hard to do well. Apple certainly knows this. And for a while, at least, it has a rough road ahead.
http://allthingsd.com/20120920/apple...vel/?mod=tweet
Old 09-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #40
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #41
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #42
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

Old 09-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #43
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

This is spam.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #44
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Funny, funny spam.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
This is spam.
No, those are phones. This is spam

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote