Old 08-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #16
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
That's what i meant
Sameer you are one of the biggest reasons that there are now two Kobos in our house.
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #17
triffids
BookWorm
triffids began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader (1st generation)
OT, but I also want to thank Sameer for all his advice/input on these forums! This is one of the things I've mentioned when recommending a Kobo eReader to other people ...
triffids is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #18
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Wish JCKobo and myself could be more active in the community, sometimes just not enough hours in the day. We're both on the product development team and it's always crazy.

That said, thanks to everyone for submitting their feedback, feature requests and the challenges to us to become an excellent company.

Back on topic, I wonder if someone could post / sticky the DB replacement post as a separate thread?
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #19
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Back on topic, I wonder if someone could post / sticky the DB replacement post as a separate thread?
No problem. Posted, and sticky requested.

Thanks, Sameer, I never like to repost that kind of stuff unless I'm pretty sure it's OK with the original source. I'm sure it will be useful.

Last edited by pholy; 08-15-2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Added thanks
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #20
Vivian
Connoisseur
Vivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo 1
Unhappy More gundging to report

I tried Sameer's solution and it seemed to work. All the books were back in my library. Then I tried reading one of them, and discovered that all the text was duplicated. That is, every 3 or 4 pages the same 3 or 4 pages would recur. I thought it was a problem with just that book until I checked the others. All the preloaded books seem to be in this condition now.

Does anyone have an explanation for this bizarre phenomenon? Sameer? Anybody?
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #21
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If you were using 1.8.x you had to replace 3 files: Db, images, and kepub. Instructions in this thread were for 1.4. Did you let the reader process everything by plugging in the reader, going to "manage library", properly disconnecting and letting it process? There is a sticky about this. Some folks recommend a factory reset after the Db replacement.

Last edited by taming; 01-08-2011 at 05:18 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #22
Vivian
Connoisseur
Vivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo 1
I didn't copy the kepub file. Thanks taming, will give that a try.

Update (11/01/13): Tried it. It seems fixed. I've said that before, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I would still be interested in any explanation of how the duplicate-text effect happened.

Edit (2 minutes later): Ooh, I have the dictionary with my preloaded books now! Sweet!

Many thanks, taming.

Last edited by Vivian; 01-13-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote