Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
wanchope
Enthusiast
wanchope began at the beginning.

Device: Foxit Eslick, Mobireader on Nokia 6220c
A new guy from Beijing, China

Hi brothers and sisters. I'm from Beijing and I just joined here yesterday. Haven't got any e-ink book yet, but I'm really interested in getting one and am checking for the e-ink news everyday.
So I'm here to learn some features and user experience of the products, launched and new. And I'd appreciate if you guys share how you are doing with your "books".
wanchope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, wanchop.

You'll find lots of new friends here, and lots of friendly advice.

Stick around, and learn. We, as world wide e-book owners, represent all the different devices available.

The only agenda we have is finding whats best for YOU.

Enjoy the forums.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 03-18-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: name spelling
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
wanchope
Enthusiast

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I will.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi wanchope and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi wanchope and welcome! Which ebook device are thinking of buying?
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 01:21 AM   #6
wanchope
Enthusiast

I'm not sure yet. I'll need to get something that supprots PDF, PDF with pictures and charts if possible, really well. Illiad is great in this coz of the screen size, but it's pretty expensive and I heard the battary doesn't last as long. Sony 505 would be a good choice, except that I heard the PDF with charts are usually messed up when reflowed. And there are some new devices are coming out, like eslick and Onyx boox, that look really cool. Guess I'll just wait a little while and see.
What do you guys say? :-)
Old 03-20-2009, 02:58 AM   #7
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
I have a 505 which is brilliant for reading fiction, but it wouldn't be so good for pdfs.

Why don't you post your thoughts in the 'which one should I buy' section -- you will get some helpful advice I'm sure.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:53 AM   #8
wanchope
Enthusiast

I did a new post in 'which one should I buy' section. Foxit Eslick is on the top of my list, at least right now. Thanks!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43102