Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-15-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
STYLZ
STYLZ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
STYLZ announces second Kindle cover

Introducing : the Kindle Cosmo Cover!

After launching the STYLZ Avantgarde Kindle Cover http://www.stylzworld.com/products_d...rde_cover.html

We proudly present our second cover for the popular Amazon Kindle.

You got one of the best eReader, but still haven't found your cover. You are stylish, you are proud of your Kindle and you want to show off in a subtle stylish way and protect your Kindle from any damage?

There you are : the Kindle Cosmo Cover!
http://www.stylzworld.com/products_d...smo_cover.html

Designed by STYLZ in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

It follows the latest fashion trends with it's cognac cover and colourful tri-fold layout.
Business chique from the outside, stylish trendy on the inside: the Cosmo Cover combines them both.

It's unique features?
- Exclusive Dutch Design.
- Added functionality : Besides your Kindle this cover also store your : memorycards, businesscards and notes and/or boardingpasses.
- No need to take out the Kindle out off it's case to turn on the device, or the wireless functionality on or off.

With it's accents in multiple coloured leather and crocodile print you'll have the best of both worlds :
- the ultimate protection for your Kindle.
- the most fashionable cover for your eReader.

Now available for preorder, delivery starting from the last week of september.

Order now and be the first to own this unique Kindle cover!

IFA 2008 Berlin
Our Kindle covers made their first public appearance at the IFA in Berlin earlier this month. We were stunned by the attention we received from Europeans who are familiar with the Kindle. It was the only Kindle at the IFA. Good see that also many Europeans are waiting for the Kindle to arrive. As a company based in the Netherlands we are also looking forward to see the Kindle on the European Amazon website.

Sony eReader + Bebook
After succesfully introducing our first ereader covers, our next two projects are Bebook and the Sony eReader. We have our designs ready by next week and as soon as we have some pictures available we will show them on our website www.stylzworld.com.
Of course we will make a unique design. Hope you ereaders will like them as well as our Kindle covers.
STYLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
Ceili
well, that didn't work
Ceili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheese

*whispers* could you do one in a nice dark purple? I'd be your best friend

Both of your Kindle covers look wonderful, nice work!
Ceili is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
STYLZ
STYLZ began at the beginning.

Thanks! Good to hear that you like them.

We have a 3th one in mind but have not yet decided how that one will look like
STYLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are the 505 cover(s) going to be bi-fold or tri-fold?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
Ceili
well, that didn't work
Ceili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLZ View Post

Might I humbly suggest dark purple
Ceili is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2008, 06:39 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Looks impressive [Kindle Avantgarde cover].
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:12 AM   #7
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
IFA 2008 Berlin
Our Kindle covers made their first public appearance at the IFA in Berlin earlier this month. We were stunned by the attention we received from Europeans who are familiar with the Kindle. It was the only Kindle at the IFA. Good see that also many Europeans are waiting for the Kindle to arrive. As a company based in the Netherlands we are also looking forward to see the Kindle on the European Amazon website.

This is too funny. How can you be happy that Europeans are waiting for the Kindle to arrive, and how can you be looking forward to seeing the Kindle in stores? After all, you are the company who is promoting and selling the BeBook.

And what legitime company would try to hide its identify through a Domain Proxy?

Code:
# whois stylzworld.com

Registrant:
   Domains by Proxy, Inc.
   DomainsByProxy.com
   15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
   Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
   United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
   Domain Name: STYLZWORLD.COM
      Created on: 16-Jan-08
      Expires on: 16-Jan-11
      Last Updated on: 16-Jan-08

Administrative Contact:
      Private, Registration  STYLZWORLD.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
      Domains by Proxy, Inc.
      DomainsByProxy.com
      United States
      (480) 624-2599      Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
      Private, Registration  STYLZWORLD.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
      Domains by Proxy, Inc.
      DomainsByProxy.com
      United States

Domain servers in listed order:
      NS21.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
      NS22.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Code:
# whois mybebook.com  

Registrant:
   Domains by Proxy, Inc.
   DomainsByProxy.com
   United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
   Domain Name: MYBEBOOK.COM
      Created on: 31-Mar-08
      Expires on: 31-Mar-10
      Last Updated on: 31-Mar-08

Administrative Contact:
      Private, Registration  MYBEBOOK.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
      Domains by Proxy, Inc.
      DomainsByProxy.com
      United States

Technical Contact:
      Private, Registration  MYBEBOOK.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
      Domains by Proxy, Inc.
      DomainsByProxy.com
      United States

Domain servers in listed order:
      NS35.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
      NS36.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:15 PM   #8
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Non Delivery of Avantgard - or delay?

Quote:
Introducing : the Kindle Cosmo Cover!

After launching the STYLZ Avantgarde Kindle Cover http://www.stylzworld.com/products_d...rde_cover.html

We proudly present our second cover for the popular Amazon Kindle.

You got one of the best eReader, but still haven't found your cover. You are stylish, you are proud of your Kindle and you want to show off in a subtle stylish way and protect your Kindle from any damage?

There you are : the Kindle Cosmo Cover!
http://www.stylzworld.com/products_d...smo_cover.html

Designed by STYLZ in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

It follows the latest fashion trends with it's cognac cover and colourful tri-fold layout.
Business chique from the outside, stylish trendy on the inside: the Cosmo Cover combines them both.

It's unique features?
- Exclusive Dutch Design.
- Added functionality : Besides your Kindle this cover also store your : memorycards, businesscards and notes and/or boardingpasses.
- No need to take out the Kindle out off it's case to turn on the device, or the wireless functionality on or off.

With it's accents in multiple coloured leather and crocodile print you'll have the best of both worlds :
- the ultimate protection for your Kindle.
- the most fashionable cover for your eReader.

Now available for preorder, delivery starting from the last week of september.

Order now and be the first to own this unique Kindle cover!

IFA 2008 Berlin

Sony eReader + Bebook
After succesfully introducing our first ereader covers, our next two projects are Bebook and the Sony eReader. We have our designs ready by next week and as soon as we have some pictures available we will show them on our website www.stylzworld.com.
Of course we will make a unique design. Hope you ereaders will like them as well as our Kindle covers.
AVANTGARD COVER FOR KINDLE. (Endless Ideas BV)

3rd Sept 2008 Paid by Paypal $56.44 USD
Transaction ID #3SG60224W81015946

Since then I have not received any correspondence regarding this item.

Further, I get no joy from any of the e-mail addresses.

Please help and try to find who I am supposed to contact (URL - not 'phone)
regarding the date when this item is supposed to arrive.
Thanks
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #9
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
Since then I have not received any correspondence regarding this item.
As described on their website, the cover is available for pre-order only (so it's probably not available yet) and will be shipped when it becomes available. I guess you shouldn't worry.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfonsVH View Post
As described on their website, the cover is available for pre-order only (so it's probably not available yet) and will be shipped when it becomes available. I guess you shouldn't worry.
This poor guy simply wants an email answer because they have his money and he's heard nothing. If it was your money, would your advice be the same?

Here's a quote from their website:

"The Kindle Avantgarde cover is available for pre order. We expect them in stock by the end of September. By pre ordering you will be sure you have one."

It is now past the middle of October.

nohmi2, you have in my opinion every right to be disgruntled, dissatisifed, and expectant. At the least - AT THE VERY LEAST - you deserve an email response from this "company." It would be nice if they apologized to you, as well, whoever they are.

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:15 PM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
It looks like a rather fishy operation given their lack of response. I do hope you weren't ripped off.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:38 AM   #12
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs down

Quote:

I have again tried to send emails to shop@mybebook.com and shop@stylzworld.com. one directs me to eBay and the other is unknown.
At the site for Stylz's Avantgard I have sent two messages with my email address.

Before thinking of offloading a 3th(sic) onto the public, I would suggest that something be done for the customers who have actually ordered and paid for the Avantgard. Further, I sent you a private message days ago as I did not want to appear 'pushy' nor impolite on MR. You did not have the courtesy to reply.

Would it be so difficult to let me know where to get information?
Old 10-21-2008, 12:18 AM   #13
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Quote:
I have again tried to send emails to shop@mybebook.com and shop@stylzworld.com. one directs me to eBay and the other is unknown.
At the site for Stylz's Avantgard I have sent two messages with my email address.

Before thinking of offloading a 3th(sic) onto the public, I would suggest that something be done for the customers who have actually ordered and paid for the Avantgard. Further, I sent you a private message days ago as I did not want to appear 'pushy' nor impolite on MR. You did not have the courtesy to reply.

Would it be so difficult to let me know where to get information?

Isn't it wonderful what power the printed or e-word has when opened to the general public?

Today I received an email from Stylz to expect an email during the week that the Avantgard has been shipped. Thereafter it should take eight to eleven to arrive.

MR is obviously a force to be reckoned with.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Isn't it wonderful what power the printed or e-word has when opened to the general public?

Today I received an email from Stylz to expect an email during the week that the Avantgard has been shipped. Thereafter it should take eight to eleven to arrive.

MR is obviously a force to be reckoned with.
I"m happy you finally are getting your cover, N., but I think I'll not be ordering from this company. I can understand being out of stock, and the problems with shipping, etc, but lack of response to your emails is unacceptable.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:14 AM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
No kidding. Completely unacceptable. The very least they could have done was send you a response. That takes, what .... 6 seconds??

I think I'll pass on dealing with that company. If it's one thing I cannot tolerate it's crappy customer "service."
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote