Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 03:19 AM   #1
xnowimcoolx
Connoisseur
xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 2
Amazon needs to continue K2 updates.

Hey everyone.

I've been patient, it's been awhile since the K3 came out and it's been updated a couple times yet K2 seems to be being ignored.

So, I'm asking all you K2 owners to send a message (K3 owners can too, how will you feel next year when K4 comes out and your device all of the sudden gets no attention?) to Amazon asking them to not neglect K2 but to add features from K3 that K2 is capable of handling.

The tech industry has had a good track record of updating previous gen products regularly, so updates shouldn't stop just because the next gen device comes out, and Amazon needs to hear that message.

xnowimcoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I consider my K2(US) the ultimate in eReader perfection already.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnowimcoolx View Post
(K3 owners can too, how will you feel next year when K4 comes out and your device all of the sudden gets no attention?)
I can honestly say that I won't care. I applied one update manually (3.0.2 I think) out of curiosity, but I'll not be manually applying more unless I think they'll fix a bug that bothers me.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
I'm afraid the k2 may go the way of the k1.
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What update does the K2 need? Mine seems to work fine just the way it is.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
Improved speed or font clarity, more functions, different filing systems
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapply View Post
I'm afraid the k2 may go the way of the k1.
As all technology eventually does...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Never buy anything for what it could possibly evolve into... regardless of you pay for it. If you buy something for what it actually is... you'll never be disappointed.

For what I do, I honestly can't think of anything that my K2 is lacking. If I ever get to the point where I don't feel that way anymore, I'll buy something new. And drive it 'til the wheels fall off.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #9
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I consider my K2(US) the ultimate in eReader perfection already.
I agree, DD. I actually prefer my K2i to my friends' Kindle 3's. It seems a little more solid, I like having the number row on the keyboard, and, with screen saver, font and timeout hacks, it's pretty great. Having Duokan to read pdf's is nice, also. I wouldn't mind the page number update that K3 just got, but I'm fine without it.

I will write a note to Amazon requesting the page number update, but I don't want to screw up my jailbreak, etc. I'm a pretty happy reader, as is.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #10
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnowimcoolx View Post
The tech industry has had a good track record of updating previous gen products regularly, so updates shouldn't stop just because the next gen device comes out, and Amazon needs to hear that message.
I'm not sure what tech industry you're on about!
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
I believe Amazon abandoned all models except K3.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #12
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
A lot of people wish Windows XP had DirectX10 or 11 support. But that was a big reason MS sold Windows Vista and 7 to gamers. (And apparently it could be hacked in).

And this is actually the first update to the K3 that provided new features. The rest were bug fixes...
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:27 AM   #13
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Yeah I hate it that the k3 has no number keys. Not an improvement.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #14
MaudDib
MaudDib began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
And didn't the K2i just get an update a month or so ago. I don't think it really did much but it at least shows that things are still happening.

But I don't think there is anything I want to improve my experience with my kindle. Some of the things you are asking for might not be possible with the K2i. There is a limit to what you can do with old technology. Making it faster or better font clarity might already be as good as it can get.

I also doubt that they are going to make a different file system. It took them a while to even implement this file system. Plus some people are happy with it and while others aren't, I don't see them making a change just because a small portion of their customers aren't happy.
MaudDib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #15
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Kindle 2 has gone the way of the Radio Shack TRS 80 from 1980 !

Get with the program. Buy a K3 or just wait to buy K4 in color in 6 months.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote