Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 10:30 PM   #1696
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Looks like Amazon/Audible is breaking away from the classics. This month's freebie is a self-help book. Time will tell if this is a trend or not.
Maybe not a classic in the traditional sense, but still a public domain freebie as it's a book from 1910.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:47 AM   #1697
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Tantor is running a 50% Off All Audiobooks sale. No idea when it expires.
Through your link, as well as through the 50% off banner on their home page, all books have identical "list price" and "your price". Can anyone see the actual reduced pricing?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2014, 02:53 AM   #1698
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post
I'm doing the rips of their WMAs to MP3s anyway...
What software do you use for that?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:58 AM   #1699
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Through your link, as well as through the 50% off banner on their home page, all books have identical "list price" and "your price". Can anyone see the actual reduced pricing?
Looks like the sale is over, despite what the home page says. When I first posted, I verified the prices and they were showing up as half off.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #1700
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The following offer expires today (Fri 03 Jan)
Advert
Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #1701
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
I received this from Audible today
Quote:
Congratulations! You've received a $10 Audible coupon for purchasing four audio programs using credits. This coupon can be used towards a purchase of any title in our store.

We've already dropped this gift of savings into your Audible account, so you can spend it right away. Please remember, your $10 coupon expires on January 31, 2014. Thanks for participating!
I didn't even know anything about a special offer. Not that I am complaining! I'm never one to turn down $10! Did anyone else get this too? Did I miss seeing a sale?
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #1702
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post

I didn't even know anything about a special offer. Not that I am complaining! I'm never one to turn down $10! Did anyone else get this too? Did I miss seeing a sale?
was it from the buy 4, get $10 offer last month?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #1703
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
was it from the buy 4, get $10 offer last month?
Maybe, but I don't think so. I thought I already got that one? Maybe I'm just confused.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #1704
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Maybe, but I don't think so. I thought I already got that one? Maybe I'm just confused.
Why would it mention using credits, though?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #1705
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:

Sounds like they're sending you a reward for using your credits. Did you make any multi-credit purchases recently; like using four of them over a short period?
Old 01-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #1706
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I rearranged the Audible section in the OP. There are now two sections. The first one contains audiobook offers and the second one deals with credits, coupons, and vouchers. The section on credits also has a link to a post where I've been archiving expired offers. That'll make it easier to track down an old offer to check the terms or for general referencing to see how often these offers pop up.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:33 AM   #1707
wawasteele
Addict

Quote:
Sounds like they're sending you a reward for using your credits. Did you make any multi-credit purchases recently; like using four of them over a short period?
The best I can figure out is that I used two credits in December on the BOGO sale so that was four books purchased with credits, even though it was only two credits. Oh well, I guess I can just say thanks to Audible and come up with a good way to spend the $10.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:49 AM   #1708
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
How do you find Audibles Under $10 or less? That site is sooo hard to navigate!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:05 AM   #1709
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Try this. These are Whisper Sync for Voice matches and most are usually under $10.
You will need to log in to Amazon for it find the matches.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:06 AM   #1710
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
The best I can figure out is that I used two credits in December on the BOGO sale so that was four books purchased with credits, even though it was only two credits. Oh well, I guess I can just say thanks to Audible and come up with a good way to spend the $10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I have the following linked in the OP
Also, check these Kindle deals for matching Whispersync titles
Whispersync For Voice Titles

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-04-2014 at 02:35 AM. Reason: to add more links