Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Kindle for Android App: new features in latest version 3.6

In addition to bug fixes, the latest version of Kindle for Android (3.6.0) has several new features for tablet users that are very nice!
  • margin size adjustment (three choices)
  • line spacing controls (three choices)
  • option to view two pages side-by-side in landscape mode
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
svale
svale began at the beginning.

Device: Android and Kinde
It uploaded automatically in my Samsung Galaxy S2 (running ICS) but this version fails to see any of my sideloaded (i.e. non Amazon) content. I've had to return to the previous version. Has anyone else got the same problem or knows a way around it
svale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by svale View Post
It uploaded automatically in my Samsung Galaxy S2 (running ICS) but this version fails to see any of my sideloaded (i.e. non Amazon) content. I've had to return to the previous version. Has anyone else got the same problem or knows a way around it
I just sideloaded a book to check this and it works just fine on my Epic 4G/Galaxy S (Gingerbread). I also notice cover thumbnails are showing up again, which was broken for me in the previous version.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have several sideloaded PDFs on my Acer A500 running ICS. They're in the kindle folder on the device and they come up fine in the new Kindle for Android app.

You might try reinstalling the app update and then reboot your device. I hope that works for you.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Been waiting for the first two features for too long!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
svale

Deinstalled Kindle, then reinstalled new version, rebooted but still doesn't see any of my files in the Kindle directory. There is nothing wrong with my files because reverting to the old version, completely solves my problem and I can then read them properly
Old 06-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Deinstalled Kindle, then reinstalled new version, rebooted but still doesn't see any of my files in the Kindle directory. There is nothing wrong with my files because reverting to the old version, completely solves my problem and I can then read them properly
Hmm... The only sideloaded Kindle app content I have on my A500 are the PDF files, and they're showing up fine in the latest version of Kindle for Android.

I've had some other problems with the Kindle for Android app. For example, several times I've had Amazon books there that I couldn't delete from within the app (it wouldn't let me long-press on a particular book). Rebooting solved that problem, so I was hoping it may work for you.

I hope that someone will come along and be able to help you solve the problem. Other than rebooting again, I'm not sure what to suggest.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Are any of the books public domain? If so attach one here or PM me for an email address and I'll try it on my phone. At least we might be able to narrow things down a bit if it works in the same app on another device (or if it doesn't).
Old 06-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
svale

Thanks - try this (from the Baen free library)

[EDIT:
Honor of the Queen

Please do not upload copyright works to MobileRead without permission. Just because a book is made available for free, that doesn't make it freely distributable.

The Mods.]

Last edited by pdurrant; 06-18-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #10
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
I just downloaded the ebook to my A500 tablet (ICS 4.0.3), and it's fine. Here's how I did it:
  • Visited this thread using Dolphin HD browser on my tablet
  • Downloaded the .mobi file and saved to the download folder
  • Used ES File Explorer to move the .mobi to the kindle folder
  • Opened Kindle for Android app (version 3.6.0.87)
The ebook was there and opened with no problems.

One thought: Make sure your view in Kindle for Android is set to "all items" or "downloaded items," not "archived items."
Old 06-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #11
svale

As a PS, I don't think that it is to do with my files because they all work on the previous version as well as my Kindle and my PC Mobibook ereader.

My only thought was to copy them off so nothing is there, upgrade to the new version and then try copying them back slowly. However, that would be a real pain (especially of it didn't work)
Old 06-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #12
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
My only thought was to copy them off so nothing is there, upgrade to the new version and then try copying them back slowly. However, that would be a real pain (especially of it didn't work)
You could try deleting the Baen ebook that you included in your earlier post, install the Kindle for Android update, and then redownload the Baen book to see if it shows up in the app.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Works fine here...

Galaxy S (Epic 4G) running Android 2.3.6

Kindle 4 Android 3.6.0.87

Downloaded from Windows to my DropBox and saved to the Kindle folder on my phone via the DropBox app.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #14
Harlock415
Connoisseur
Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've lost all my mobi books with the latest update. Although they were still in the kindle directory they no longer show up in the library. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and that did not work. I've deleted all the books and tried adding a couple back and that did not work either.

By the way, I have a Vizio 8" tablet running Honeycomb.

Last edited by Harlock415; 06-28-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Harlock415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
svale

Given up as I still cannot read non Amazon content. I spoke to Amazon support and they did not have an answer. I've had to revert to the previous version of Kindle