Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #16
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
What info would you like included in the credits?
Oh, right, er...just point to my page on Feedbooks, that would be cool http://www.feedbooks.com/userbooks/r...yon&user=26065 (that is if you want to, no pressure).

EDIT: and if you like this cover and you want any others doing, just drop me a pm or what have you
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #17
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Can do! But it'll be a while til I get the next version of the text up.

Added the link to my twitter list, too.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #18
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Can do! But it'll be a while til I get the next version of the text up.

Added the link to my twitter list, too.
Thankyou Hope the cover comes in useful, I do these for a bit of fun but if its usable by a fellow writer then all the better
Old 08-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #19
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, nomesque!

Thank you for putting your work up for us to read. I just downloaded it (copied Moejoe's cover) and have it near the top of my TBR list.

It's always great to have authors participate on MR. As you have already noticed, the members are very helpful and friendly.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #20
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Thankyou Hope the cover comes in useful, I do these for a bit of fun but if its usable by a fellow writer then all the better
MWAH!
Old 08-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #21
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Welcome to MR, nomesque!

Thank you for putting your work up for us to read. I just downloaded it (copied Moejoe's cover) and have it near the top of my TBR list.

It's always great to have authors participate on MR. As you have already noticed, the members are very helpful and friendly.
Thanks Dreams! :-)

I hope you enjoy DEAD(ish), I really enjoyed writing it.

And yes, I'm VERY impressed with the friendliness and community going here... As Jeff Fenech would say, "I love youse all!"
Old 08-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #22
Smashwords
Connoisseur
Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Hi Naomi. Mojo, great cover! If you enjoy doing covers, write me an email. Our authors often ask me for recommendations, so I'd be happy to keep you in my virtual rolodex. My email is first initial second initial at you know where dot com. @markcoker on twitter
Smashwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #23
nomesque

Hey Mark! Nice to see you in this neck of the woods
Old 08-12-2009, 03:23 AM   #24
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashwords View Post
Hi Naomi. Mojo, great cover! If you enjoy doing covers, write me an email. Our authors often ask me for recommendations, so I'd be happy to keep you in my virtual rolodex. My email is first initial second initial at you know where dot com. @markcoker on twitter

I'll drop you a line Mark I'm already signed up to Smashwords and I have you on Twitter already
Old 08-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #25
ravenlife
Connoisseur
ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
think ill have this one too - Thanks

[edit]
Read + Enjoyed - Thanks Naomi

Last edited by ravenlife; 08-12-2009 at 05:14 PM.
ravenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #26
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenlife View Post
think ill have this one too - Thanks

[edit]
Read + Enjoyed - Thanks Naomi
Thanks for the review! :-) I'm glad you enjoyed it - specially the swearing
Old 08-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #27
Reyben
Connoisseur
Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Erm... None.
Good Lord, Nomesque, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

...I thought the story was very good. Short, sharp, to the point. Decent, human-feeling characters (although Geordie fell a little flat for me) and good emotional interplay. Didn't quite see the resolution coming. Also, I really like any story that uses multiple first person perspectives. Oh, and the double-take with the plants was hilarious.

Overall, very entertaining. Well done.
Reyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #28
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyben View Post
Good Lord, Nomesque, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
My mother said something similar

But there isn't anywhere near as much swearing in most of my stories. This one just happened to have potty-mouths as the main characters. I thought about trying to tone it down, but either it'd read weirdly (how many girlfriend-killing ex-cons say 'darn' and 'flip'?) or the asterisks would get distracting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyben View Post
...I thought the story was very good. Short, sharp, to the point. Decent, human-feeling characters (although Geordie fell a little flat for me) and good emotional interplay. Didn't quite see the resolution coming. Also, I really like any story that uses multiple first person perspectives. Oh, and the double-take with the plants was hilarious.

Overall, very entertaining. Well done.
Thanks!

Yeah, Geordie's a little stereotypical, and now I think about it, he's the only character who didn't get time in the limelight. No Geordie-perspectives whatsoever. Hrmmm.

I do find it interesting that some people like the multi-first-person format, some hate it, and some are just... OK with it. It's not something I've really seen used much, but it just screamed to be used for this story.

I'm glad you found it entertaining. That was the primary motive for writing it - sheer entertainment value. And of course the moral lesson
Old 08-17-2009, 01:47 AM   #29
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
I finished reading it the other day. I really enjoyed it. I thought the neighbors were a bit forced in their characters and the resolution, but that's just me.

I thought it was a great read and would recommend it. The swearing didn't bother me because it fit the story and the characters.

I really like the cover too

Forgot to add that I'm looking forward to more of your work.

Last edited by animedude01; 08-17-2009 at 02:16 AM.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:40 AM   #30
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
I finished reading it the other day. I really enjoyed it. I thought the neighbors were a bit forced in their characters and the resolution, but that's just me.
Nah, I think you're right. There are still a few weak bits in it, and the neighbours could do with fleshing out. I suspect that I will go back to it in a couple of years and do a proper rewrite... probably get it closer to 'novel' length.

Quote:
I thought it was a great read and would recommend it. The swearing didn't bother me because it fit the story and the characters.
Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed it :-)

Quote:
I really like the cover too
MoeJoe is a brilliant man

Quote:
Forgot to add that I'm looking forward to more of your work.
Cool!

I have a short work up on FeedBooks atm - it's had almost zero editing though, so it's pretty rough - Red Riding Hood.

Tags
humor, humour, mystery, vengeance