Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #46
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I did finally decide to give this series a try after reading a description on a blog and finally realizing that it is in fact NOT about about a bunch of rock band groupies.

I swear, everywhere is conspiring to get me to try this author but I'm still holding back. The length of her books is intimidating, especially as everyone mentions her books need editing bad, plus they're first person narrative, I think. I see myself giving in one day soon, though
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #47
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post

I swear, everywhere is conspiring to get me to try this author but I'm still holding back. The length of her books is intimidating, especially as everyone mentions her books need editing bad, plus they're first person narrative, I think. I see myself giving in one day soon, though
I've downloaded the samples off smashwords, and unfortunately they are not my cuppa - if you subscribe to the author website she sends you coupons for 20% off books you decide to buy though, quite nice!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #48
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I did finally decide to give this series a try after reading a description on a blog and finally realizing that it is in fact NOT about about a bunch of rock band groupies.
No it's not about Rock groupies. The series takes place in Denver which is why the heroine in the series call themselves a Rock Chick. The series revolves around a bookstore/Coffee shop. The guys are call The Hot Bunch.

Keep in Mind that KA lives in the UK so sometimes you see out of place swear words that no one in Denver would actually use. I ignore those.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-06-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I've downloaded the samples off smashwords, and unfortunately they are not my cuppa - if you subscribe to the author website she sends you coupons for 20% off books you decide to buy though, quite nice!
I get mine through the Kindle Lending program. Although I did picked up RC 1 for $1.99 so I can go back and reread it. There's a thread at the Amazon Romance forum dedicated just for lending KA's books.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

One of my favorite historical authors' books are on Sale.
They are much more cheaper at BOB so I say go there but these are Amazon links.

Lorraine Heath $3.79

Her Y.A. Books which I love! $2.99
There are more marked down books of hers at BOB. I'm not going to list them because they are not on sale at Amazon but go take a look see.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-06-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #51
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Free at Amazon:

Always Devoted US DE by Karen Rose Smith. This seems to be e-published, but the author has written numerous novels for Harlequin and Silhouette.<snip>
Thank you! I now have 1-3, 5 and 6, but have somehow missed #4.

Has anyone read these?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #52
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
I finally just broke down and gave Kristen Ashley a try. I started with Motorcycle Man after reading a review at Dear Author. I thought I would be put off by the grammar because I tend to really hate that, but there's something about the way Kristen writes that sweeps you along. She has a certain style and voice that you either hate or don't mind. It reminds me a bit of JR Ward (only on steroids LOL).

If you are thinking of trying her, download a sample and that should tell you pretty quickly whether you can put up with it or not. Meanwhile, I've bought at least 4 or 5 of her others, including the two that were recently on sale. I'm going to space them out so I don't get sick of her, but I'm looking forward to reading them.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I finally just broke down and gave Kristen Ashley a try. I started with Motorcycle Man after reading a review at Dear Author. I thought I would be put off by the grammar because I tend to really hate that, but there's something about the way Kristen writes that sweeps you along. She has a certain style and voice that you either hate or don't mind. It reminds me a bit of JR Ward (only on steroids LOL).

If you are thinking of trying her, download a sample and that should tell you pretty quickly whether you can put up with it or not. Meanwhile, I've bought at least 4 or 5 of her others, including the two that were recently on sale. I'm going to space them out so I don't get sick of her, but I'm looking forward to reading them.
Sweet Dreams is really good and of course the Rock Chick series. I plan to read the Gamble after I finish the RC series. I'm trying to read them in order but it's hard to do. There's not real world connecting guide out there.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #54
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
I don't know if these are any good, but I saw this and thought you might be interested:

Quote:
Although there may be a new chill in the air, at Premier Digital Publishing our eBooks are hot, sultry and downright delicious. Treat yourself to a hot read and let us make you feel loved and appreciated. From today until October 15, all of our Romance, Erotica and Women’s Fiction eBooks are all discounted 50% – 80%!

Pick up Paul Loewen’s “Butterfly” an Erotic Masterpiece that titillates the senses and explores desires that for many still go unexplored. Delve into Meredith Rich’s world of female power and passion with “Little Sins” of ménage a trois, desire and wealth. Read Abby George’s light and fun romantic exploits in Anne Kemp’s “Rum Punch Regrets“. Travel to a sensual future where lovers play virtual erotic games in Piers Anthony’s “Eroma“.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for FREE and discounted eBook info! Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive news on upcoming promotions and exclusive content from our authors!
All these Anne Kemp, Meredith Rich, Paul Loewen & Piers Anthony Titles Now Only 99¢ at Amazon, B&N, Apple, and Google (links inside each book).
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #55
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

The Fortune Quilt US DE by Lani Diane Rich (NAL 2007).

Quote:
"Accept the book with the amber spine.
Return the frog. Take the cab.

What the hell kind of advice is that?"

When Tucson Today segment producer Carly McKay visits the quirky artist’s community of Bilby, Arizona, to do a story on a psychic quiltmaker, she receives an odd reading... and her life falls apart in eerie harmony with what the quilt foretold. Her best friend professes his undying love; her show gets canceled; and the mother who disappeared seventeen years ago appears on their doorstep, getting instant forgiveness from the entire family... except Carly.

Carly rushes off to Bilby to return the cursed quilt, and then surprises herself; she stays. She rents a cabin, gets a job, and meets an artist who shows her new ways to look at life, and love. Can she run away and start a new life, or should she go back and stitch her old one back together?

And why is it so hard to get a straight answer from a psychic, anyway?
Moonrise US DE by Anne Stuart (Signet 1996).

Quote:
Annie Sutherland is fast finding out her life was built on lies. Haunted by her father’s death, Annie seeks out his protégé in the CIA, James McKinley, and is thrust into a secret shadow world that sends shivers of terror through her. For she finds James is no longer the conservative bureaucrat she remembers, but a mysterious, tortured fugitive—very armed and very dangerous. Annie and James are thrown together on a wild run that draws them closer to each other. Yet Annie is still not sure who James really is—a tender, passionate lover or a ruthless assassin? Who can she possibly trust with violence exploding all around her...and love perhaps the greatest snare of all…?
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #56
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Oh that is awesome! Anne Stuart is fabulous! Thanks!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #57
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Oh that is awesome! Anne Stuart is fabulous! Thanks!
Double on my thanks! I love Anne Stuart!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #58
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Thanks @Britomart. I love Anne Stuart books.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #59
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
what a nice find! nabbed! thank you
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #60
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
DANL bargain

Mariana by Susanna Kearsley is on sale for members $1.49 ($1.27 with discover15 code). I don't know if this is a one day sale through tomorrow or a week long sale. If you like time travel and haven't read Kearsley it's certainly worth a try at this price.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote